Oh, dear...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
nitram82 wrote:Well whatever. Confused.com hasn't backed himself up with any facts and I don't know what game he was watching on Saturday because the only header Byron won was the one he blazed over the bar. As for not going to many games Confused, I've been to every home game for the last sixteen years and my overall level of professional integrity should not be underestimated. Now, I'll ask you again confused, tell me something that is actually good about Byron's game and I will apologise. Actually tell me something he is consistently good at, and also explain what part of his game has actually improved since he's been here.
You seem to have difficulty reading. I said that against Exeter he had an excellent first half winning most of the heading duels and holding the ball up well. You seem to have only seen him get one header, I can't explain that. Only you can.
I will once again repeat BH is far from the worst player ever to wear a CTFC shirt, and I wil be amazed if you find ANYONE who has a decent history of watching CTFC, who would support that view.
As for your professional integrity, the way you address people, would also lead me to question that
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
nitram82 wrote:I didn't call him a twat as a person at all, I said of a Footballer and I would not attack someone personally without solid ground. As for confused, he still hasn't backed his claim of me talking balls. Do you know what, I think this forum is deranged because everyone I've spoken to in the bar or in the ground over the past few months agrees that Byron has failed to live up to expectations but on here it's like taboo to mention how poor he is. I don't get it. I know we've had bad players in the past, (Justin Richards, Lloyd Owusu, and so on) but I honestly cannot think of a player that has been as annoying to watch. Expectations have shifted and given the players we have had up front over the past couple of years it just baffles me that Byron is Yates's prodigal son. Is he really better than Jimmy Spencer, Shaun Harrod, or even Darryl Duffy was?

P.S. If I have offended people with my opinions then I do apologise unreservedly.
You said he was a prick. Any justification for that?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is not taboo to discuss players. You stated he was the worst player ever to wear a shirt and abused him
That is what people took exception too.
confused.com
Also Nitram92 - not many of our players would stand comparison against Loanees from a higher standard. So are all keeprs to be comapred against Butland, all left backs against Garbutt ?
Circa 1887
Am I the only one that thinks we've been playing a 4-3-1-2, not a diamond?
Circa 1887
I envy anyone that thinks Byron is the worst player to ever play in a CTFC shirt...as you clearly haven't spent money to witness the turgid performances of players like Elvis Hammond, Hugh McAuley, Denis Rosa, Jason White, Craig Dobson, Jake Lee, Gary Bradshaw etc.
confused.com
Circa 1887 wrote:I envy anyone that thinks Byron is the worst player to ever play in a CTFC shirt...as you clearly haven't spent money to witness the turgid performances of players like Elvis Hammond, Hugh McAuley, Denis Rosa, Jason White, Craig Dobson, Jake Lee, Gary Bradshaw etc.
LOL, players who you applauded of when they were subbed, because you were glad to see the back of them, not because of the shift they had put in
Shade
Byron Harrison is still our top scorer this season, is he not? Without his goals and assists we'd be at least several points worse off. How can he be construed as useless? Helping gain the team points is not useless. He was very good against Exeter in the first half, as were they all, and got the assist, flicking on to Cureton - a header none of the other attackers in our squad could have won. This is actually a good thing, but Cureton appears to be the least useful striker in the squad, as he doesn't appear to do much at all unless he's in a position to shoot.

Someone, maybe someone on this board, shouted in absolute rage on Sunday, "Byron, you're f#!$ useless".
Amazingly, he didn't seem to gain much confidence and improve after hearing that.
Amazingly, he wasn't the only one who appeared useless on Sunday, but he took the brunt of the abuse.
robinsrule
Jason White is by far the worst player I have ever witnessed at this level. He couldn't trap a bag of cement, it was a miracle that he made a career out of football. Damien Spencer was also pretty awful, but was worth watching for his one game in ten when he was on fire (I was lucky enough to witness Swindon and Hull away).
Jebolani
Byron the worst CTFC player? He has the most goals and assists this season. LOGIC.
solihullkev
Harrison has played better and been more effective than Cureton this season for my money. Offers much more off the ball than Cureton. To suggest he is useless in ignorant.

Elvis Hammond - international footballer and spell of porridge money laundering, both by the age of 30
Uppy
Hammond looked great at times, I thought. He was fantastic at turning defenders and getting through one-on-one, but couldn't hit a barn door and spent at least five minutes a game lying on the floor.
51/84
There is one elder geezer sits in the A section of the main stand, who starts on harrison before he even kicks a ball.
2 or 3 games ago one of the other regulars completely lost the plot and totl him to shut up or fornicate off.
So far hes been muted I understand
Harrison is expected to win every header, hold up play, beat every defender , score every half chance and create goals for others, so his middle name must be superman

He needs a goal and we will see him score 15+ this season
confused.com
confused.com wrote:
nitram82 wrote:Well whatever. Confused.com hasn't backed himself up with any facts and I don't know what game he was watching on Saturday because the only header Byron won was the one he blazed over the bar. As for not going to many games Confused, I've been to every home game for the last sixteen years and my overall level of professional integrity should not be underestimated. Now, I'll ask you again confused, tell me something that is actually good about Byron's game and I will apologise. Actually tell me something he is consistently good at, and also explain what part of his game has actually improved since he's been here.
You seem to have difficulty reading. I said that against Exeter he had an excellent first half winning most of the heading duels and holding the ball up well. You seem to have only seen him get one header, I can't explain that. Only you can.
I will once again repeat BH is far from the worst player ever to wear a CTFC shirt, and I wil be amazed if you find ANYONE who has a decent history of watching CTFC, who would support that view.
As for your professional integrity, the way you address people, would also lead me to question that
Nimrat ........ still waiting :roll:
Adam_
Alf wrote:Thought Cureton was useless (not the first time), doesn't bother attempting to win the ball and just lingers at the far end of the pitch contributing nothing to the team. Only interested if the ball goes straight to his feet and is unmarked.
Strikers can only work with the ammunition they are given. You have to play to their strengths and winning high balls isn't one of Cureton's strengths, so why do it?[/quote]

Was given plenty of chances..... and I wasn't just talking about it being up high, there were quite a few instances where it went near him either waste height or on the floor and he just didn't bother.

Pretty sure Deering won a header against a huge Mansfield player and he's only about 5ft5!