Transfer window rumours

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Taylor has done well but ideally I would like to keep them both!
THECHOIRBOY
I think with Penn some of the issue may be the formation we are playing too. Last season Yates wanted us to have a more balanced squad and maybe he feels he can offload one of them? Personally I like Noble in the sort of "quarterback" role and think Taylor does a lot of unseen work to protect the back 4 which at the moment seems to make it a shoot out between Richards and Penn. For me, you can't doubt Penn's workrate but I would say Richards is the better footballer.
Shade
An on form Penn is obviously better than Taylor, but Taylor is currently performing better than Penn. Penn looked absolutely lost the last few times he's been on the pitch whereas Taylor was arguably man of the match on Boxing Day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Completely depends who the replacement is. You never know, if Penn goes we may get in a cheaper hidden gem who turns out to be better than Taylor and Richards, although minimum scenario is someone cheap who goes on the bench and can do a job when needed.

We must replace any central midfielders who leave. I don't count Deering as a proper CM, as that is not his game, and we need four in the squad.

A youth could step up I suppose but that is a risk.
vcinthestand
Hanks if not let him go
Youth loan from a prem side
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vcinthestand wrote:Hanks if not let him go
Youth loan from a prem side
Good call.
TakeNoNotice
Hanks is a really good prospect, but needs to be tested at a higher level than Cleeve. He wont be as exciting to watch as Kotwica but he'll be more steady and reliabe. One of the best pro's at the club already and he's only 18.
Old Coventrian
Shade wrote:An on form Penn is obviously better than Taylor, but Taylor is currently performing better than Penn. Penn looked absolutely lost the last few times he's been on the pitch whereas Taylor was arguably man of the match on Boxing Day.
I'm with Robin & Shade here - Taylor has been impressing me recently.