Pitch update

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Here: http://bit.ly/ChesterfieldPitchUpdate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leohoenig
I know JP is trying to generate hits to the Echo website, but it takes so long to download the adverts before I can read the text it is rather frustrating, and then all the message says is the game may be on, or may be off.
Malabus
If the game is on (as if)..I will do a traditional 80's breakdance performance on the centre circle at H/T.
solihullkev
Marvellous - I will bring my Beatbox and a mat.
Malabus
solihullkev wrote:Marvellous - I will bring my Beatbox and a mat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5YsiIF-54&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
Malabus wrote:
solihullkev wrote:Marvellous - I will bring my Beatbox and a mat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5YsiIF-54&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think we had enough of that sort of half time entertainment when Gloscat bought their street dance troupe to 'entertain' us
theidlerich
Re pitch - just seen this quote from 'The Echo' - online..
"...Cheltenham Town's head groundsman Terry Roberts admits tomorrow's home match against Chesterfield is already in the balance due to the wet weather.

The Abbey Business Stadium pitch is rated as 50/50 in its current state, with some surface water and if tomorrow's morning's forecast is correct, another deluge is expected between 6am and 10am.

"I managed to shift some of the surface water with a fork on Thursday, but there is still some on there and we just don't want any more rain so I am on weather watch," Roberts said.

"I will be trying to mark the pitch up on Friday afternoon, but the band of rain which is supposed to be coming in concerns me.

"It's all up in the air and if the wind changes we might miss some of the rain, but it's going to be a right battle."

Marvellous comment. I'm sure Mr Terry Roberts is doing his best under extremely difficult circumstances; but felt this was hilarious!
Campden Robin
Is there anything fans can do to help, or is that only with snow?

Jon - the ad's on the Echo site are really annoying, but I guess they are necessary these days.
Jebolani
Could always download adblock if they annoy you that much!
confused.com
Jebolani wrote:Could always download adblock if they annoy you that much!
People suggesting I download adblock annoys me so much ;) :lol:
Nesty
theidlerich wrote:Re pitch - just seen this quote from 'The Echo' - online..
"...Cheltenham Town's head groundsman Terry Roberts admits tomorrow's home match against Chesterfield is already in the balance due to the wet weather.

The Abbey Business Stadium pitch is rated as 50/50 in its current state, with some surface water and if tomorrow's morning's forecast is correct, another deluge is expected between 6am and 10am.

"I managed to shift some of the surface water with a fork on Thursday, but there is still some on there and we just don't want any more rain so I am on weather watch," Roberts said.

"I will be trying to mark the pitch up on Friday afternoon, but the band of rain which is supposed to be coming in concerns me.

"It's all up in the air and if the wind changes we might miss some of the rain, but it's going to be a right battle."

Marvellous comment. I'm sure Mr Terry Roberts is doing his best under extremely difficult circumstances; but felt this was hilarious!
its all up in the air........ yes we know - like the ball
theidlerich
Re Nesty's comment - :D
Shade
Does anyone have several industrial water pumps lying around???
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
500,000 Romanians each with a sponge and bucket would do the job
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:500,000 Romanians each with a sponge and bucket would do the job
If only we knew where to get them !! Daily Mail has let CTFC down, they promised us boat loads
Shade
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:500,000 Romanians each with a sponge and bucket would do the job
If only we knew where to get them !! Daily Mail has let CTFC down, they promised us boat loads
That'll be the trouble then. God's seen fit to send the floods in order to keep their boats from being able to dock.

:lol: That's probably right up there with the biggest load of c!#p I've ever seen on the internet and I've seen a hell of a lot. Don't know whether to be proud or ashamed of myself :oops: .