Burton

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

hEaLeR
Burton were decent, best team we've played since Chesterfield early in the season. We didn't play badly but couldn't hold on for a point which would have been welcome.

Usual suspects took the plaudits for decent games. Scotty outstanding, Sido v.good

CBB I'm sure will get some stick for the goals but in general he did ok I thought. We missed Noble and Deering didn't have anywhere near the same impact as he kept giving the ball away.

On to the next.
Henry The Dog
hEaLeR, couldn't go today but if Burton are second how far are we off them in terms of the team. From the reports their subs made a difference whereas I'm not sure we have have the players who can?
solihullkev
Agreed healer - CBB made a cracking run that led to our goal. First half he was good.

Deering's passing shocking ; McGLashan ineffective through the middle. Burton good.

Bobbly pitch didn't help either team.

Burton certain to finish ahead of us - as are chesterfield, scunny, Southend, fleet wood, rochdale
solihullkev
They were the better team before the subs

We missed noble today - DEering was no replacement
hEaLeR
Burton wingers were good and when they brought on fresh legs it gave them an extra impetus. Burtons team is the majority of players they had last season. They seem confident and know each others game well. We still look like we are searching for the answer half the time. I reckon we are a season behind them.
little mo
What a miss by Mcglashan, he must score from that but, not even close. :oops:
RED ROB
Just watched the highlights yet again and JMG and Steve Elliott don't come out with much credit either.
JMG's miss is horrendous, Cureton's slice at the end awful and Elliott is in no mans land for both of the goals.
vcinthestand
ok red we shall get rid of McG and stevie
RED ROB
Not saying that at all, among the players getting a bit of stick for Saturday these were not blameless either.
I wouldn't want any of them to go.
Only ones I see as on dodgy ground is Vincent, CBB and possibly Deering.
paperboy
Or Cureton!!

Highest earner at the club and not earning it presently.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Get wingers on, or even better, play two strikers alongside Cureton. As long as we play a diamond or without direct pace play then Cureton is vindicated in my view - I'd be annoyed if I was him currently.
RED ROB
Have to agree about the "diamond" set up, we've had some good strikers here who have struggled on a regular basis.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Our most successful for strikers are ones who made something out of nothing through effort or skill like Grayson or Gillespie, or who could cope with hoofball like Alsop. Goalscorers like Duffy or all round team players like Guinan have struggled. Pattern is one of us not playing to a striker's strength.