Is this legal

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/volunt ... 95763.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where you say it is a young person
I feel about 18 but am actually much older
I have many skills picked up over the years
Would Tim Russon or Ian Randall or Mark Haliwell be eligible for this role

If its an iternship then fine but I for one am unhappy the way it is stated

Is the club an equal rights employer?
Si Robin
It is targeting a young enthusiastic individual, but that doesn't mean that other people can't apply or won't be considered.

I see nothing wrong with the wording at all.
Shade
It would most benefit a young person looking for experience that won't get paid for the job.
Stop reading too much into things!
Artemis
If you're that worried about the intent of the wording, then apply. If you aren't offered the post solely on grounds of age, then you may have a case under the Equality Act (2010).
C.V
As it says its to promote the youth set up.The youngsters would be more comfortable speaking to some one in there own age range rather than some one in there great grandfathers age group.Its an opportunity for a young person looking to propel them selves into the media industry.Stick to sucking your peanuts :o and try to praise the club for giving a youngster the chance.
Flux
Very good opportunity for a student looking to get into that field. Chances are hard too come by these days so well done to the club for giving a chance to someone to start a career.
Joey
It's completely legal, yes.

I'd probably go for it myself if I wasn't already in a full time apprenticeship.
51/84
vibrant and enthusiastic would perhaps have been a better description, because you are only young once.
most people are younger than me so they all qualify then but my elder brother doesnt!
mattyboi
Scott brown might want the job, after all he is studying media/journalism at uni!