So what would you have done differently

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
We have seen on here time and again for Gornell to play with cureton
Time and again we are told on here to abandon the diamond
We are told every week on here that the players are to good and its the manager
So we AV and to be honest he was ok

We dont have the players to chop and change- managers fault
Its broken but hes got to deal with it without any help from the board

So what would you do and what team would you have put out now we have perfect hindsight
Joey
Not sold Russ Penn and Keith Lowe the week before.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Three up front next home game.
RED ROB
Replace one ball player for another, not stick three identical ones in together.
Thought Deering was the only option once Noble was out.
okusman
.....I would not even consider Jason Taylor for a start ever again. Hustle and a big gob is fine when it has an impact. He really looked comical as the waddled around. He seemed unaware that he was so ineffective. Resorted to shouting at Yates at one point. He passes sideways and often puts his own teammates under pressure through his poor passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
okusman
Yates would say he started we the two ugly sisters in midfield to battle with a fairly meaty Stanley team...but it was a battle clearly lost early on.... So make a tactical change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattyboi
This is the weakest midfield we have had since joining the league, even Noble blows hot and cold! Oh for Pack, Penn, Summerfield or Mcann and Finners. Time to give Joe Hanks a chance, surely cant do any worse.
Robin
Elliott seems passed it, CBB is as bad as Danny Andrew if not worse, Taylor/Richards were extremely poor and McGlashan was lost.
ghandi
At last a few more fans realising how bad jason taylor really is!Together with two totally erractic full backs,there's 3 i would lose straight away.Noble was missed greatly yesterday,midfield was lost right from kick off.Harrison & Cureton would seem the best ,but Harrison has to be in the right frame of mind.I bet yatesy wishes the season would end now,before it gets any worse.He really has presided over a total shambles so far.He must be p##sed off,as we all are,time for a change i think.
Robin
I'll still say Taylor has hugely improved this season but he was poor yesterday (CBB, Elliott worse mind).
51/84
agree Robin
Taylor is one pace still going at the end, but dont expect him to burst through with the ball or chase back 50 yds
RED ROB
So why is he in midfield. That's a bit of a job description there............which he doesn't fit.