team spirit

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
Do the players bond like they did
If the players immediately disappear after a match or training does that make a difference

At the last reserve match there were bo 1st team players watching
They all came out after training got in cars and drove off
There always were 2 or 3 in Nandos fairly regularly
OK I know they used the gym and huttons, but this built a rappor with locals
This seems to have stopped now
There appear to be a number of loners on the pitch
You would have thought with 14 1st team players it would have been different.
I wonder if the heart as been ripped out by departures of senior players or did it happen last season at the run in or even the season before after the wembley playoff

I am sure it affected the fans. The fans changed from grateful to have a club to expecting promotion. The 1st season it was low key then MY made the promotion gesture at spurs and it has crumbled since then
hEaLeR
Looked alright on Saturday.

VeraLickleklubsBack
Oh for the times when the players were all local (never in my time) *
They all travelled to home games on the bus with the fans (never in my time)
They all played cards and smoked for England (er more like Scotland) together on away days (never in my time)
The Manager always wiped away their tears, and paid for their Fish and Chips, and all longed for the day when there would be a Nandos, a Fitness Centre and cars to let everyone commute for hours per day (never in my time)

etc etc

* (never in my time) = since the mid 50s

:cry:
51/84
Yes healer the travellers are at the one end of the scale ( not better or worse supporters just willing to travel)
I suspect that photo was just after we scored
Perhaps there had been a few nippy sweets before hand and a decent on the pitch performance
But my points are still valid thankfulness was turned into expectation and is now frustration tinged with disappointment but a glimmer of hope
hEaLeR
51/84 wrote:Yes healer the travellers are at the one end of the scale ( not better or worse supporters just willing to travel)
I suspect that photo was just after we scored
Perhaps there had been a few nippy sweets before hand and a decent on the pitch performance
But my points are still valid thankfulness was turned into expectation and is now frustration tinged with disappointment but a glimmer of hope
Yes it was after we scored but that's usually a good indicator I thought.

Several players do watch the reserve games, Jason Taylor always seems to be there. I don't think the spirit is in question, it's more the ability on the pitch this season.
I-Love-CTFC
I agree there doesn't seem to be the same team spirit/togetherness that there's been in previous seasons. Pack and Mohamed were good characters and were very popular with the rest of the squad, the same with Lowe and Penn.
Joey
Ask the players and they'll probably tell you that you're wrong.

Stop making constant assumptions that things are in the s#!t.
51/84
Ok I feel they are very low
No competition , he can only drop 2 or 3 players as he only has 14 outfield players