what a difference a year makes

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
this time last season we were in the frame with 44 points from 27, had just signed some good players to boost the quad
this season we have 34 from 27 and have just sold 2 of our most competitive and honest pro's. no sign of any signings even loans

last season we amassed 31 points from the last 19 games......

I somehow cannot see that kind of return from the next 19....
Piro Teknix
Nesty wrote:this time last season we were in the frame with 44 points from 27, had just signed some good players to boost the quad
this season we have 34 from 27 and have just sold 2 of our most competitive and honest pro's. no sign of any signings even loans
I somehow cannot see that kind of return from the next 19
As I have said elsewhere I will be very pleased if we average a point a game until the end of the season, at least it will mean we will have avoided relegation.
51/84
Nesty wrote:this time last season we were in the frame with 44 points from 27, had just signed some good players to boost the quad
No mention of the benno affair which you highlight elsewhere today
Just like the team inconsistent
Piro Teknix
51/84 wrote:
Fortunately the big difference is that we don't have to pay to look at Nesty's inconsistencies unlike the high cost of watching the teams inconsistent play and the manager's odd, or even lack of, tactics.
Nesty
51/84 wrote:
Oh dear!! Forgive me for not dotting the i's

It has been widely commented on that last season Yates was given money to strengthen, so why is my comment open to ridicule? Ok - part of the team building was letting Benno go. I am not critiquing what happened but the manner it was done. I would have applauded Yates if he had divulged the info in the same way as Bennett ie "I told Benno he would not be staying after the end of the season and gave him the opportunity to get fixed up"
Instead what happens is that we hear rumours & gossip about bust ups.
little mo
Piro Teknix wrote:
I somehow cannot see that kind of return from the next 19
As I have said elsewhere I will be very pleased if we average a point a game until the end of the season, at least it will mean we will have avoided relegation.

Agreed, will also settle for not being relegated this season,and then start afresh next season.
51/84
Nesty wrote:
51/84 wrote:
Oh dear!! Forgive me for not dotting the i's

It has been widely commented on that last season Yates was given money to strengthen, so why is my comment open to ridicule? Ok - part of the team building was letting Benno go. I am not critiquing what happened but the manner it was done. I would have applauded Yates if he had divulged the info in the same way as Bennett ie "I told Benno he would not be staying after the end of the season and gave him the opportunity to get fixed up"
Instead what happens is that we hear rumours & gossip about bust ups.
So who starts the rumours
Yates - no
Someone with an agenda - yes
The board - unlikely unless there is someone with an agenda
So who starts the rumours and who passes it on and who believes the rumours.
Inspite of people saying there is no truth in that rumour some choose to believe the rumour because its another stick to beat Yates with
Does any of it help the club ? No so why not accept the statement there is no truth or at least say I dont know what the truth is, but some just keep repeating what they hear and yet they claim they support CTFC.
So Yates said Jones had hit the wall but others started the rumours about the reasons why Jones left.
No one believed Yates - where is Jones now.
The latest I heard was that Jones knees were knackered - perhaps that is the truth
CBB is cheaper than Jones perhaps that is the truth
So what has happened is the the truth because the evidence is there in front of us Jones has gone.
So we move on we are a football club not a womens gossip circle

I support CTFC and no matter how bad it gets I will support the team - end of rant
joes dad
Agreed 51/84
But rumours aren't rumours if it suits their agenda :(