Glad

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

rasta
We never moved to the race course, money going to be tight for a while I think...
C.V
rasta wrote:We never moved to the race course, money going to be tight for a while I think...

Only because of our non league attitude and total lack of ambition but l never wanted to move anyway by the way
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We will never know - race course move could have bust us or it could have seen income sky-rocket.
Malabus
Need a new ground for the future what ever happens.
horlickfanclub
why?
CheltRobin
Just a new main stand would be all I ask for - with WR brought upto 9500 / 10,000 that will be more than Chelt are ever going to need.
Malabus
horlickfanclub wrote:why?
Facilities/needs of fans in the modern game are expected, especially for the future outlook of the game and with more clubs wanting a family club image a modern all purpose stadium is needed. WR is still a non-league set-up.
Robin
CheltRobin wrote:Just a new main stand would be all I ask for - with WR brought upto 9500 / 10,000 that will be more than Chelt are ever going to need.
Agree a new 4000 seater main stand would give us capacity around 9,000 which is fine in the lower leagues and would only need expanding if we ever reached the Championship.
Uppy
Why would you want a 10,000 seater stadium? We're getting about a quarter of that at the moment. It would be terrible.
CheltRobin
I'm not sure we'd even get 8/9,000 in the Championship - Yeovil don't and Crewe never did as far as I'm aware - maybe in the Premship thou!! :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:why?
Facilities/needs of fans in the modern game are expected, especially for the future outlook of the game and with more clubs wanting a family club image a modern all purpose stadium is needed. WR is still a non-league set-up.
Agree - no long term future with our current ground. Not many teams left in L2 or top of Conference with a ground like ours now.
London Exile
Whilst a new main stand would be great I'm still unsure it would really generate that much more in non match day revenue due to the location.
For me any future development would need to involve the main stand and PRE stand, maybe incorporating a community facility in the main stand and then building an all weather pitch on the parklands site.
I doubt this could be achieved and so the best deal would be a land swap for somewhere near the M5 where we can build a modern version of whaddon road with an all weather facility and where there is space for future expansion if ever required.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:Whilst a new main stand would be great I'm still unsure it would really generate that much more in non match day revenue due to the location.
For me any future development would need to involve the main stand and PRE stand, maybe incorporating a community facility in the main stand and then building an all weather pitch on the parklands site.
I doubt this could be achieved and so the best deal would be a land swap for somewhere near the M5 where we can build a modern version of whaddon road with an all weather facility and where there is space for future expansion if ever required.
I agree.
Robin
CheltRobin wrote:I'm not sure we'd even get 8/9,000 in the Championship - Yeovil don't and Crewe never did as far as I'm aware - maybe in the Premship thou!! :lol: :lol:
I bet we would, teams like Wolves would bring 4000 fans here if we had the space. My ideal scenario is we build a new 4000 main stand and give the In2Print to away fans, this could also including the current away stand when playing bigger clubs so they have 3000 tickets.
Malabus
Robin wrote:
CheltRobin wrote:I'm not sure we'd even get 8/9,000 in the Championship - Yeovil don't and Crewe never did as far as I'm aware - maybe in the Premship thou!! :lol: :lol:
I bet we would, teams like Wolves would bring 4000 fans here if we had the space. My ideal scenario is we build a new 4000 main stand and give the In2Print to away fans, this could also including the current away stand when playing bigger clubs so they have 3000 tickets.
Think it's important that we allow away fans a choice to view from the side and the Hazlewoods behind the goal. Think segregation in the Hazlewoods wouldn't be a problem if Cheltenham fans enter through the canteen section.
I have been to grounds where you view matches from the side and these grounds most of the time receive negative feedback.
Robin
I would assume when the new stand is built home fans could leave via Cakebridge place which will enable better segregation and obviously away fans could park in Parklands.
London Exile
Robin wrote:I would assume when the new stand is built home fans could leave via Cakebridge place which will enable better segregation and obviously away fans could park in Parklands.
If ever more likely! Just can't see a new main stand happening, how many years has it been the topic of conversation 2/3 years?
CheltRobin
More like 4/5 years! :D
Robin
I think PB is committed to it, my concern is it keeps getting smaller. I don't want a 2000 seater stand:-(
Malabus
Like everything else in life money dominates and it all comes down to costs.
leohoenig
Malabus wrote:Like everything else in life money dominates and it all comes down to costs.
They are struggling to find the funding for the bicycle shed you keep asking for as part of the project :lol:
Malabus
leohoenig wrote:
Malabus wrote:Like everything else in life money dominates and it all comes down to costs.
They are struggling to find the funding for the bicycle shed you keep asking for as part of the project :lol:
Cycling is the future and would be a wise investment (when funds are available).
Uppy
It would be a terrible investment. Nobody pays money to cycle.
C.V
Uppy wrote:It would be a terrible investment. Nobody pays money to cycle.

To right it costs me £5.00 to park my car l will e.mail Paul Baker and suggest to him he charges cyclist the same or at least charge them £3.00