Deering

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I said before it is time Deering either starts assisting or scoring.

Had a real chance to make an impact today. When he broke clear with a two on one with the defender in no-mans land it should have been game over. Could gave taken it on and shot or played a simple ten yard square ball to Zak to slot home an easy winner. He did try the latter, the right idea, but miserably failed, kicking straight to the grateful defender. He is meant to be in the squad to make these type of passes but he bever does.
vcinthestand
What were your overall view of the game and players Regency?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A poor game really, nothing too intense.

Back line pretty solid. CBB sometimes good, but sometimes poor.

Moments from McG when he burst through but anonymous at other times.

Byron did nothing much. Cureton almost made a goal for himself out of nothing and looked to do a lot if running and chasing.

Lucas looked tidy, Taylor and Richards don't justify the wage.

Gornell looked up for it and dangerous.

York in the first half were much more direct and fast oaced in attack. Good movement and interchange - and their shots were more powerful and professional than ours. A few close shaves but defence solid.

Really hard to get excited especially during a forgettable first half - only interested enough to frequently raise my voice during the last twenty minutes.
Uppy
The other players rave about him, but there's a big difference between having a kick about with your mates and playing a competitive match. He isn't even close to league standard at the latter. For an attacking midfielder who must have played over 50 games to have never scored and probably have only a handful assists isn't good enough. No better than Smikle was.
CheltRobin
Way to cut Deering down with comparison to Smikle - Ouch!! :o
Uppy
I know. But tell me what he does better. He might try more defense splitting balls but they are always cut out.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I said before it is time Deering either starts assisting or scoring.

Had a real chance to make an impact today. When he broke clear with a two on one with the defender in no-mans land it should have been game over. Could gave taken it on and shot or played a simple ten yard square ball to Zak to slot home an easy winner. He did try the latter, the right idea, but miserably failed, kicking straight to the grateful defender. He is meant to be in the squad to make these type of passes but he bever does.
Exactly,can`t tackle,can`t pass,can`t score fits into our midfield perfectly ?
C.V
A team of miss fits sums up our shower
Oldun
Yet clearly manager rates him or he would be gone to York City too
CheltRobin
Or are they now called Yates' Rejects FC?
Uppy
Or nobody has offered for him.