Pitch/Weather Update Please

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Campden Robin
Please can someone in the know provide an update regarding the state of the pitch.

Really want to see 3 points for the Robins this weekend :-)
taxidave
Campden Robin wrote:Please can someone in the know provide an update regarding the state of the pitch.
Really want to see 3 points for the Robins this weekend :-)
Its raining so the pitch is very wet, what more do you want to know.
As Wycombe is relatively close I would have thought that a decision will be left until as late as possible, probably about midday tomorrow.
CTFC03
I've been told from a reliable source that the car park is flooding along with the dugouts and there is some standing water on the pitch already. Malabus has got this weekend right, it will be off.
Malabus
CTFC03 wrote:Malabus has got this weekend right, it will be off.
As a certified amateur meteorologist I tend to get 80% of my forecasts and match abandonments correct.
taxidave
CTFC03 wrote:I've been told from a reliable source that the car park is flooding along with the dugouts and there is some standing water on the pitch already. Malabus has got this weekend right, it will be off.
I think you need to downgrade your source to "fairly unreliable" because I have just been to the ground to buy a ticket for Newport and while there are puddles in the car park it most certainly is not "flooded".
I cannot vouch for conditions inside the ground because I do not feel it is my business to unofficially report on the condition of the pitch, I will leave that to the ground staff and the match officials who are much better qualified than me.
solihullkev
Grateful for all comments and observations.

I hope the game is called off - our record this season in poor conditions is abysmal.
CheltRobin
You mean our home record is abysmal in ALL conditions!! :lol: :lol:
Malabus
taxidave wrote:I have just been to the ground to buy a ticket for Newport
No doubt keen to visit old haunts. Image
Sprout Picker
solihullkev wrote:Grateful for all comments and observations.

I hope the game is called off - our record this season in poor conditions is abysmal.
Can't make it tomorrow so hoping it might be off even though we've hardly been worth watching at home lately anyway.
CTFC03
I think you need to downgrade your source to "fairly unreliable" because I have just been to the ground to buy a ticket for Newport and while there are puddles in the car park it most certainly is not "flooded".
I cannot vouch for conditions inside the ground because I do not feel it is my business to unofficially report on the condition of the pitch, I will leave that to the ground staff and the match officials who are much better qualified than me.
Anddddddddd it's been called off "fairly unreliable" source? Yeah alright then :lol:
Malabus
I didn't need to look at the pitch.
taxidave
CTFC03 wrote:
Anddddddddd it's been called off "fairly unreliable" source? Yeah alright then :lol:
My comments were made regarding the "flooded" car park, I didn't comment on the state of the pitch because it was not my business to do so.
I feel sure that if you visit Whaddon Road today you will find the car park quite navigable !