9.00 pitch inspection

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

C.V
James Brown has just tweeted
jaggy
If its on are you going CV
C.V
Give it a rest hey your making yourself look a fool
jaggy
game off chill
Malabus
Surely Gloucester can't play on Tuesday at WR. Rain expected Monday. Backlog of games for a very damp and tired pitch, hope we are not going to be chasing points to stay up.
solihullkev
Doff my hat to you Malabus once again on weather forecasting and prospects - you called this one a long way out. "Respect" as they say.
taxidave
At least it gives us opportunities to get used to following other pursuits on a saturday afternoon. :roll:
51/84
planted some tomato seeds
asl
Heated propagator, 51? I got my broad beans in pots in the greenhouse earlier in the week and, thankfully, we've had a couple of frosts to start the garlic off.
51/84
Yea a new prop tray from Aldi ( other brands are available), sald onions and lettuce mix comimg thru
Into a large heated prop, fortunately not had much cold weather, just the rain
However on the footy we drop another place and if all the other results cam through we could be sitting 4th from bottom
Of course they cannot all go against us as people are playing each other but we need to get a win or two sharpish
taxidave
51/84 wrote:planted some tomato seeds
So did I !! the little cherry tomato variety which I then grow on in hanging baskets.
Will pot up some broad bean seeds tomorrow.
51/84
potatoes chitting nicely but half an allotment to dig. Its not just the footy it interferes with
At least no- one phoned to report the shed has been destroyed by the wind
The green shoots of ( ruby red actually ) of rhubarb are also appearing
Talking of allotments do you think MY will come round so I can put some of his bullshit on

Just think we could have been at Luton today :lol:

I assume we will try for the 4th March for the Wycombe fixture
So another few hundred of the gat as fewer will turn up from both clubs especially if theres footy on the TV
If the crowds dont hold up expect a bigger deficit
taxidave
Where is your allotment, mine is at Hayden and is all dug, the advantage of being a pensioner with lots of time to spare.
51/84
midwinter
bad back and raining at the wrong time
one side is actually not to bad soft fruit ( rasps and strawbs asparagus and rhubarb so not as much as a half probably a quarter which had been rough dug lifting spuds etc
Just to keep the mods happy - just like WR will need heavy fertilizer after all this rain
Out on the lawn at home but disappearing about an inch in mud yet it looks fine from the window
I must admit I dont think I have known it so wet in 30+ years on the grass
Now theres a question for our chairman - how much profit is made from the rental ( excluding the bar profit) after expenses
Also if there was a full length stand where the main stand is, then the wind would alter so perhaps it would result in less windy matches but may take longer to dry out
everyman
taxidave wrote:Where is your allotment, mine is at Hayden and is all dug, the advantage of being a pensioner with lots of time to spare.
Iwonder if anyone from the club will understand the irony of this discussion ?