The Diamond Formation

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This season has been poor and at times dire. This is mainly due to odd decisions on players and tactics from Yates, and gutlessness from high paid so-called professional players who have apparently played in a higher division.

I am not happy with this season. But - the messages from PB about training and squad size show lessons have been learned, and as long as we don't enter a relegation battle I am happy for Yates to remain in charge and see what he can do with a more balanced squad next season.

If the same quality if play and tactics remain next season and we still languish in the bottom eight, then yes, consider sacking then.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:Didn't Jed McCrory's consortium approach us a while back who we turned down and they then went on to buy Swindon?
Mr Baker has said before he will only sell to a buyer that would be good for the club. He could smell McCrory's sleaze, dodginess and fake tan a mile off and quite rightly said such a rogue would never get his corrupt mitts on our club.
London Exile
If that is the case then this perfectly demonstrates that PB has the club interests at heart.
He could have sold to the JM consortium and recouped some, if not all his investment but he's put the club interests first.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
London Exile wrote:Didn't Jed McCrory's consortium approach us a while back who we turned down and they then went on to buy Swindon?
Mr Baker has said before he will only sell to a buyer that would be good for the club. He could smell McCrory's sleaze, dodginess and fake tan a mile off and quite rightly said such a rogue would never get his corrupt mitts on our club.
Or alternatively he didn't offer Mr Baker enough money. :roll: