Charity Quiz Night at Cheltenham Town FC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Taz1985
Hopefully I am allowed to post this in here, but please move if not.

I am organising a Charity Quiz night which will be held in the Club bar on Friday 25th April 2014 to raise funds for a charity that is close to me. All funds raised will be donated to the JDRF, (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). The reason I have chosen to raise funds for this charity is because my nephew was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 and vital funds are needed if we are to find a cure for this illness.

Please do not get Type 1 diabetes confused with Type 2, Type 2 diabetes is linked to diet and age whereas Type 1 diabetes is an auto immune disease.

On the night there will be a raffle with some great prizes donated already including a meal for 2 at the Hallmark hotel in Gloucester, a 1 night stay for 2 at The Slaughters Country Inn and a signed CTFC shirt amongst many other prizes and also a round of Stand-Up bingo with a cash prize.

If you would like to enter a team, the cost is £2.50 per team member with a maximum of 4 per team, then please e-mail jdrf.quiznight@gmail.com with your team details. Prizes will be awarded for the team finishing first and last.

Open from 7pm for a 7.30pm prompt start with a finish time of approx 10pm. All ages welcome.

Thanks for your time

Tarran
taxidave
Haven't heard anything, was it a successful night.
Taz1985
Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in posting up anything.

The night was a success with over 10 teams enetered and a good night was had by all.

The fundraising total was £455.92, which for a quiz night is an excellent sum. This brings my total raised for Diabetes research to just over £1000 in 12 months.

Thanks

Tarran