a ray of light

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
In contrast to the grey times watching the firsts young James Bowen scored two and set up one for Evesham last night after coming on as sub. Youth is the way forward.
mattyboi
Does any body much more about James Bowen, not a bad debut.
RobinBull
James is one of 6 or 7 very good Youth team players who are approaching the end of their scholarships. I think its rare for a club like Cheltenham to have so many prospects coming through in the same year hence I know the club want to try and hang onto them if they can find a way of funding a U21 development side. I have watched these lads a lot and think with a year or two of reserve league/out on loan in Conference/Southern league they could form the basis of a very good league team. Some may break through sooner like Jack has but experience in mens football is crucial hence many of them being out with Cleeve/Evesham etc. I know these youth players have beaten the first team in a couple of training games recently.
Nesty
RobinBull wrote:James is one of 6 or 7 very good Youth team players who are approaching the end of their scholarships. I think its rare for a club like Cheltenham to have so many prospects coming through in the same year hence I know the club want to try and hang onto them if they can find a way of funding a U21 development side. I have watched these lads a lot and think with a year or two of reserve league/out on loan in Conference/Southern league they could form the basis of a very good league team. Some may break through sooner like Jack has but experience in mens football is crucial hence many of them being out with Cleeve/Evesham etc. I know these youth players have beaten the first team in a couple of training games recently.
I think a team comprising Leo, TaxiDave, Malabus, Cag, Coops, CV etc would give our first team a good game !!
cagliostro
Hah - thank you Nesty......yeah, tend to agree - a team of oldies may lose the game but we would win in the bar after LOL.
Cag
Malabus
http://www.eveshamunitedfc.com/match-re ... h-leigh-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;