Is he signing for next season or not

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I hope the answer is no but who knows
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Apparently, it's HIM who has the option of another year at the club. Previous threads implied the club were the ones with the option.
taxidave
asl wrote:Apparently, it's HIM who has the option of another year at the club. Previous threads implied the club were the ones with the option.
Accordimg to my most reliable source it is the club that hold all the options, why else would he have said.....
“I am yet to sit down with staff, but I want to be here and I want to keep working hard so I hope I am wanted.
kags
I'm sorry but he's clearly not good enough and we can't afford to waste the money on some sort of extended trial period. I was under the impression about two months into the season he had signed an extended deal which covered until the end of next season! Another waste of money by the manager if this the situation.
Joey
If he's going to fight for it, best of luck to him.
theidlerich
..if Cureton re-signs or extends his contract it would be yet another reason for ourselves not to renew our ST's.
asl
[Shrug] In the article, he says "I have the option of another year", that's all I was basing my comment on.
tunnelvision
The article also states "But with a contract already secured for next season as a result of an appearance clause ...".

So unless he doesn't want to be here next season we'll have him for another season.
Uppy
He strikes me as the kind of guy who, at this stage in his career, wants to play games and score goals. I don't see him sticking around as a backup.
CheltRobin
Please No - No offence CBB, but personally I don't feel you hane enough at this level.
taxidave
The only reason he will be signed next season is because he is Yates' and Baker's type of player................................cheap.
Malabus
taxidave wrote:The only reason he will be signed next season is because he is Yates' and Baker's type of player................................cheap.
Spot on.
Jebolani
taxidave wrote:The only reason he will be signed next season is because he is Yates' and Baker's type of player................................cheap.
I love people like you. I honestly do. "I'M NOT GOING TO TURN UP TO THE GAMES, I DON'T WANT TO PAY MONEY"

"WHY AREN'T WE SPENDING MONEY ON PLAYERS?!?!?!?"

You're all so brilliant. <3
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If CBB is cheap keep in as squad player. If he goes we have to sign two left backs in the summer. If he stays we only need one. Logical.
51/84
if sido stays we only need to sign one LB and 1 RB or we make pussycat richards play LB
Uppy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If CBB is cheap keep in as squad player. If he goes we have to sign two left backs in the summer. If he stays we only need one. Logical.
Think we could probably find a young lad who is better and maybe even cheaper.
Robin
How many times have you seen CBB RCS? He is never league standard we were sold a dud there and the sooner he is gone the better.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not saying he is good enough to be first choice. But we need eight defenders, two in every position. If CBB goes we need to sign two left backs - in financial terms keeping CBB as back-up makes sense and we can sign a first choice.
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:How many times have you seen CBB RCS? He is never league standard we were sold a dud there and the sooner he is gone the better.
Afraid I have to agree. Nothing against the lad but he isn't up to this level of football. The panic clearance yesterday as Elliott and Richards (I think) broke down their attack said it all. Plenty of time to pass and clear properly but it instead arrowed straight into the centre of the park and set Fleetwood on their way forward again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Uppy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If CBB is cheap keep in as squad player. If he goes we have to sign two left backs in the summer. If he stays we only need one. Logical.
Think we could probably find a young lad who is better and maybe even cheaper.
Someone said CBB has another year so contract pay off to take into account too.