Adulai Sambu

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
Below are the stats on Adulai at Hungerford who are in playoff contention. Added to his fifteen goals in twenty games at Cirencester he has done well out on loan playing mainly in midfield. Will we keep him at age twenty(almost) to develop if we are in League 2 or throwaway the time and money invested in him so far?
3 For Hungerford
STAR PLAYER
ASSIST
APPEARANCES
GOALS SCORED
Jim
Where are Hungerford in the pyramid - step 3? Not a bad level but a long way off L2. Looks like he's had a good season and I guess it will be up to DC to take a good look at him in preseason, along with Liggett who sounds like he has impressed on occasion at Gloucester, albeit playing RB most of the time from what I can tell.

I was very impressed by Liggett in the youth cup against Dorking. He was the best player on the pitch, and of the 22 players out there (from my very untrained eye) him, King, Walters and Wilcox looked a cut above the rest.
Robin
Ideally we keep him another season and loan him higher up the pyramid. He's very young and perhaps he could even be understudy now for first choice right wing back.

That said, I could see Clarke releasing him as he seems to favour experience.

Regarding Liggett if he was getting a contract surely it would be announced by now, usually decisions are made on scholars well before the season ends.
horlickfanclub
I think Wilcox is worth keeping .Gets stuck in. I would prefer to see some of our own young players developed than a bunch of random trialists of the same age/ability turning up in July.