much improved tonight

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

rasta
The catering in the In2print, a few basic changes and what a difference.

Enjoying our season to !!!!
London Exile
Fully agree. The catering outlet looks much better and appealing, good service too
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Glad to hear it. Cannot wait to see for myself.
rasta
you can watch the game in the bar to!, first time in the in2print this season
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
On TV?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:On TV?
The little bar has a TV (I presume)
Robin
Yes there are TV's showing the game in the bar, a proper football match day experience.
rasta
I know the stand was not full today but all they seem to have done to get the queues moving is
1, have them queue in a different direction
2, employed somebody to take the money only and shouts out the order
3, fitted a hot food compartment to the front counter so items are ready to serve

bingo :D fast moving queue unlike the in2print turnstiles today, is the Hazelwoods Stand having some work done to the Toilets again
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed Rasta. Was very basic and simple things Hancox wouldn't/couldn't do which is why it was so frustrating.
Si Robin
I bought my lad a burger on Saturday from behind the C&G. The guy who served me was pleasant and actually told me to enjoy the rest of the game.

A simple thing, but I was impressed. Burger was much nicer as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I bought my lad a burger on Saturday from behind the C&G. The guy who served me was pleasant and actually told me to enjoy the rest of the game.

A simple thing, but I was impressed. Burger was much nicer as well.
Marvellous to hear.

Like you say, simple things was all that was needed, and it says it all about Hancox that the caterer had to be changed in order for such simple things to be done.
Malabus
Last season we had the Yates haters... looks like Hanncox is going to take a massive hit of hate in 2014/2015
Stanp1pe
I stood in the Paddock last night and thought I would try a burger based on what I had heard. I was very disappointed, it was no better than previous. Also I was informed we had a choice of salad, none to be seen. So unless the C&G catering is different I shall leave the food until after matches.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Last season we had the Yates haters... looks like Hanncox is going to take a massive hit of hate in 2014/2015
The hate for them started about 2009.

Hospitality food very good though.
Kingofspades
Well, hancox, I thought was very good quality food even though it was somtimes rather slow. Now the new caterers have arrived I wait for ten minutes for a burnt hot dog. a dry burger and payed £2 for a dreadful cup of coffee with lime scale floating on the top! Believe it all not rasta they actually did have a hot cupboard where they would simply pull out your food! So if I was you you should stop making up shitty acusations about hancox caterers, they actually weren't that bad, but it doesn't matter now cause they've gone! Maybe we should all just grow up an move on! There's no point arguing about the caterers when really we should be complimenting our team, we're at the top of the table!!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I never commented on the quality of Hancox other than saying the hospitality and restaurant food was great.

My only gripe was the service and business strategy. To keep one kiosk shut whilst fans queue for 20 mins so miss the start of the second half, or to have some fans with money in their pocket wanting to spend having to give up and go thirsty was just poor.
Si Robin
Kingofspades wrote:Well, hancox, I thought was very good quality food even though it was somtimes rather slow. Now the new caterers have arrived I wait for ten minutes for a burnt hot dog. a dry burger and payed £2 for a dreadful cup of coffee with lime scale floating on the top! Believe it all not rasta they actually did have a hot cupboard where they would simply pull out your food! So if I was you you should stop making up shitty acusations about hancox caterers, they actually weren't that bad, but it doesn't matter now cause they've gone! Maybe we should all just grow up an move on! There's no point arguing about the caterers when really we should be complimenting our team, we're at the top of the table!!!
Calm down dear.

They've gone because people were fed up with them. RCS has been moaning on here about them for years (since 09 according to his post above) and I don't think it was just to increase his post count ;)

I personally never had a problem with their food, I enjoyed their hotdogs, but the burgers weren't the best, and the majority of the time the staff looked like they would much rather be somewhere else. I don't ask for much in service, but a basic interest in the customer wouldn't go amiss rather than continuing conversations with each other behind the counter. I believe that's why they call it Customer Service.
rasta
If you read the thread i have not accused Hancox of anything, all i have stated is that to date the new caterers have applied a few changes to speed up queues, and now there is more food available in the in2print due to the larger hot unit?, and chips in the tunnel outlet! in the past i have often asked for a Cornish pasties before the game has started only to be told "none left" even before kick off! The only down side is its more money
These are my experiences from 3 of the outlets,
Hancox's food was comparable to other football food, but in today's world we want more!
Their box catering is very good and i use it once or more a year.
everyman
For anyone more interested in food than football can i suggest you go to Nailsworth on matchday,where you can visit the superb " Williams Kitchen "deli,have coffee in the Hobbs House Bakery and then experience excellent catering at the game albeit meat-free.
But for football come to Whaddon Road ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:For anyone more interested in food than football can i suggest you go to Nailsworth on matchday,where you can visit the superb " Williams Kitchen "deli,have coffee in the Hobbs House Bakery and then experience excellent catering at the game albeit meat-free.
But for football come to Whaddon Road ?
I have no intention of buying food at WR.