Mark Yates ahead of Dagenham at home

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video here: http://bit.ly/YatesDaggers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
So Lee Vaughan most likely not to be ready for Saturday. Long time out for a knock. I was aware that he was on the training pitch last week.
CTFC03
Really need him back, Wynter doesn't look comfortable at RWB.
Benctfc
Would like to see Haworth their on Saturday he will improve us going forward which is where we are struggling at the moment and as we are playing one of the weaker teams in the league we shouldn't have as much defending to do. Move Wynter to CM to replace Taylor and Hanks for Sterling James we need his pace off the bench.
Robin
What does Howarth offer us moving forward?
Benctfc
Robin wrote:What does Howarth offer us moving forward?
Well given the fact he's a winger and has played in attacking roles most of his career I would expect him to do more than Wynter going forward. Unless after seeing Haworth for a couple of games you have already written him off?
51/84
switch hanks and wynter
CTFC03
I'd give Haworth a game, sent in some decent crosses v Oxford.
Robin
Benctfc wrote:
Well given the fact he's a winger and has played in attacking roles most of his career I would expect him to do more than Wynter going forward. Unless after seeing Haworth for a couple of games you have already written him off?
In the games I have seen him play he has no pace, no desire/confidence to attack a full back and crossing appears poor. If he's going to play a role then I think it needs to be central behind the striker.
Shade
Benctfc wrote:
Unless after seeing Haworth for a couple of games you have already written him off?
It's like you've been on this forum before...
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:
Benctfc wrote:
In the games I have seen him play he has no pace, no desire/confidence to attack a full back and crossing appears poor. If he's going to play a role then I think it needs to be central behind the striker.
He has only played one game?
Robin
I've seen him against Oxford, Bath and Brighton Sprout and each game has been the same. As I said in another thread I fail to see where he fits in and would consider him potentially behind the strikers rather than wing back.
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:I've seen him against Oxford, Bath and Brighton Sprout and each game has been the same. As I said in another thread I fail to see where he fits in and would consider him potentially behind the strikers rather than wing back.
So you said a while back. Not withstanding that the Bath game was a pre-season fixture (a time where most observers felt the whole team looked pretty ordinary), I don't see what the problem is.

Every squad needs a player or two who will come in here and there to cover injuries/suspensions and do a job. From what I have seen, he looks perfectly capable of fulfilling that role.