Team for Burton

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Benctfc
With a few injuries and suspensions suddenly we look a bit short on quality so what would everyones teams be. I would go with
Carson
CBB
Brown
Taylor
Elliott (If fit)
Vaughan
Deaman
Richards
Hanks
Maquis
Gornell

Personally I think we will need a hard working team if we are to get anything at Burton so Terry and John will set that example. I would have Hanks playing as the more attacking midfielder and Deaman and Richards dropping back. Deaman look to be good technically and has played in midfield before. Then we can have De Vita, Sterling James and Kotwica to use as impact subs.
51/84
so you dont mention Harrison
while he may not be in top form I certainly wouldnt not have in on the bench
Benctfc
51/84 wrote:so you dont mention Harrison
while he may not be in top form I certainly wouldnt not have in on the bench
He would be on the bench yes forgot to mention him he is another who could be used as an impact sub.
Robin
Not sure about Deaman in midfield strikes me as an accident waiting to happen. I'm thinking we will go with Richards, Hank and Sterling-James.
Benctfc
Robin wrote:Not sure about Deaman in midfield strikes me as an accident waiting to happen. I'm thinking we will go with Richards, Hank and Sterling-James.
Fair enough but I have seen nothing in Sterling James to suggest he is ready to be starting matches in league 2. Against a team like Burton I can see him being out muscled pretty easily.
CTFC03
Paul Black looks steady, I'd be tempted to have him as a holding midfielder.
horlickfanclub
Black would be good for this game and Byron should stay on his sofa.
Malabus
First impressions of Black is that he is a "steady eddy" and looks a reliable player. Another good signing.
CTFC03
So I would give this a go:

Carson

Troy, Taylor, Elliot

Vaughan, Hanks, Black, Richards & CBB

Marquis & Gornell.

3-5-2