bid for the club

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
So there is no money or interest in the club
In the interview pb gave he says there was an offer in the summer but they were not happy
I assume that they were the board
Why were they not happy because they odid not have control
So the directors decided
I have more shares than some of the directors
How many shares do Russon Murphy and Kent have?
Was it a proper bid with financing for the future or just someone trying to make a quick buck
How much is the club worth
We don't own the ground so asset stripping sounds unlikely
So we don't have any investors nor will we
Robin
Reading between the lines it was someone who wanted the thrill/enjoyment/sense of worth of owning a football club. Now that can be a good thing - see Abramovich/Madejski/Sheik Mansour or it can be a terrible thing when they realise how hard it is and the costs are much higher than anticipated for example Mike Ashley at Newcastle.

As great as PB has been we do need to take the plunge at some point and let someone else take over, other similar clubs have done it look at Mansfield/Bury but for everyone of them there is a Wycombe/Exeter who have ended in fan control with no money and struggling to stay in the league.
Artemis
When I last checked the table Wycombe were 2nd and Exeter 10th. Hardly struggling. AFC Wimbledon doing OK as are Halifax in the conference.
horlickfanclub
Could it have been the Hereford bloke?
Malabus
horlickfanclub wrote:Could it have been the Hereford bloke?
Don't think so. Cheltenham is worth a little more than £2.00.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Impossible to comment without knowledge of who the bid was from. So many ex-cons, fake tans and Swiss Tonies sleazing around clubs these days my instinct is that the board made a safe and prudent decision.
rasta
I have some ctfc shares would I be quids in :shock:
Rick
Robin wrote:Reading between the lines it was someone who wanted the thrill/enjoyment/sense of worth of owning a football club. Now that can be a good thing - see Abramovich/Madejski/Sheik Mansour or it can be a terrible thing when they realise how hard it is and the costs are much higher than anticipated for example Mike Ashley at Newcastle.

As great as PB has been we do need to take the plunge at some point and let someone else take over, other similar clubs have done it look at Mansfield/Bury but for everyone of them there is a Wycombe/Exeter who have ended in fan control with no money and struggling to stay in the league.
I think we may have to take the plunge sooner than we think. I think PB is getting dishearten with the Cheltenham public.
And don't forget he reads all the c!#p that's written on this Forum. Don't forget there's a fans forum after the Robins Trust AGM you can all tell him how you feel there
51/84
Rick perhaps he does read the nest
If so why was he surprised by the drop in st. It was foretold on here
Robin
PB has read the Nest for many years as have other directors, a few including Paul have also posted at times.