I suggest Paul Baker reads this

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vickeryc
PB makes mistakes like we all do and this might be one of them. However, at the risk of placing him on a pedestal, it's hard to understand how any fan can't see that he invariably has the best interests of the club at heart.
confused.com
C.V wrote:I give up honestley.Dont you think it would be more productive to entice as many home fans as possible to get behind the team and hopefully push on and get to round three,or have you already thrown the towel in and are giving the game to Swindon.
And when have we ever proven that dropping prices brings in huge numbers ? People here assume lowering the price will get people thru the gates and assume £2 more will have a significant drop in the gate. Surely the point that most seem to miss on here, is that even if they dropped the price by £2, how many people would actually be aware that the price had dropped and of those that did know, how many would decide to break the habits of a life time and come to the match ? I would suggest very few. People on this forum fall into the trap of presuming that just because they / we have a daily interest in CTFC and debate such matters, that the vast population are even aware who we are playing in the cup, are aware what it costs to get into a normal match and even aware what date the match is being played on.
Putting an advert in the Echo etc, gets to people who buy the echo, and of those, people who have an interest in the sports pages and of those, people who are vaguely interested in football and of those people who ever actually go to a live match and if those, people who are not put off by the prices advertised and of those , people who have not already got plans for that afternoon ...... and so it goes on
Si Robin
confused.com wrote:
Si Robin wrote:You make a good point RCS, apart from the fact that a lot who won't be attending will be ST holders. People who won't be paying the premium prices for the League games.
Si - How can you possibly know this ???? Please don't stray from your usual sane posts, to posting a comment that you have no way of verifying or even knowing
I know of myself and at least 3 others. That's a start. Judging by the overall reaction I've seen on here and Twitter, I suspect, I obviously don't know for certain, that there will be many more not attending, for the sole reason that they don't see value or loyalty in those prices.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:
confused.com wrote:
Si Robin wrote:You make a good point RCS, apart from the fact that a lot who won't be attending will be ST holders. People who won't be paying the premium prices for the League games.
Si - How can you possibly know this ???? Please don't stray from your usual sane posts, to posting a comment that you have no way of verifying or even knowing
I know of myself and at least 3 others. That's a start. Judging by the overall reaction I've seen on here and Twitter, I suspect, I obviously don't know for certain, that there will be many more not attending, for the sole reason that they don't see value or loyalty in those prices.
Ah, the classic "well I am so everyone must be" logic.

I will let confused put the sword in.
CheltRobin
Cheltsaxon - As you seem to think that PB has rarely, if ever, put his hands in his pockets to fund CTFC, if you or any of your mates think you could do a better job, then please let PB know. I'm sure he'd be delighted for some extra cash injection on the board.
CheltRobin
http://cheltenhamtownchatter.blogspot.c ... chive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Informative post by MH on Swindon pirces.
confused.com
RCS - no sword ........ all too easy, Si + 3 and approx 4 or 5 others on here. I hope they sit in block 3 and near me so that I can have a bit more space :)
Ralph
confused.com wrote:
How can you possibly know this ???? a comment that you have no way of verifying or even knowing
this sums up the Nest quite nicely...
leohoenig
The Robins Trust are concerned about this matter. We would like to have been consulted before the original announcement of prices. One reason for seeking a position on the board is so as we are in the loop when these decisions are made. Due to the way the fixtures have worked out, we have five home matches over seven Saturdays. Three of the five (Northampton, Swindon and Oxford) are at Premium prices. An official trust statement will be made following the board's reply to Trust comments. We have been promised this will be forthcoming today.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The club released a statement Leo. Looks QED to be honest so I doubt the Trust will hear anything different.
leohoenig
The Trust official statement has been placed on another thread. My own view is that while this may raise a little extra from this match (from which we only take 50% anyway), it may well backfire on the club in the long term. This whole affair, carried out over various forms of media may well damage the image of the club. Naturally, I hope I am wrong over this but I fear that I am right
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:The Trust official statement has been placed on another thread. My own view is that while this may raise a little extra from this match (from which we only take 50% anyway), it may well backfire on the club in the long term. This whole affair, carried out over various forms of media may well damage the image of the club. Naturally, I hope I am wrong over this but I fear that I am right
Does the Trust statement prolong and stir up the affair even further?
leohoenig
My thoughts in longhand on pricing are now blogged at http://www.leohoenig.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
robinsrule
I agree with Confused. I think the following is a fairly accurate representation of the majority of the local populace when told that Cheltenham are playing Swindon in the Cup:

"How much are tickets? 22 quid! You must be having a laugh.... I'm not paying that for that rubbish!"

"How much are tickets? 20 quid! You must be having a laugh.... I'm not paying that for that rubbish!"

I don't think the extra two quid makes a jot of difference to the floating fan. As I said on another thread, you either want to go to the game or you don't.

Note: I am not referring to you guys who spend hundreds/thousands of pounds supporting the Robins every years. I am talking about people who might come to one or two games a year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And it's better if those one or two games are league fixtures where we keep the cash.