PB on swindon ticket prices

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Stanp1pe
Mattyboi, 3 all told, as I am a season ticket holder (which doesn't cover FA Cup games), I would have to find the entire ticket price, £18, not just £2. Oh and I didn't say I needed an EXTRA £40, just the £40 for the tickets.

I don't drink so can't reduce that, I don't smoke so lost out there, I don't buy a programme (price) nor do I eat or drink at the ground (again price). Petrol for work is more important to me, and putting money aside to renew my season tickets. £40 is quite a whack to find.

I will admit that were it man utd at whaddon road I would probably beg, steal and borrow the money from somewhere. But Swindon, no thank you.
mattyboi
I feel your pain, I too am a season ticket holder so will also have to find £18, however I tend to be a glass half full type of person, so will look at the money I have saved from purchasing my season ticket and feel that I am still saving money over the course of the season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Surely you knew when buying a ST that you couldn't go to cup games included in the price. Therefore you knew that it would incur extra cost which would cary depending on where and who we were playing. O suspect some cup games will be cheaper than ours and some more expensive.

So I do not see why PB and CTFC are on the receiving end of a song and dance about prices for a one off big game when the issue is a wider crisis of ticket prices week by week across the whole of football.
Stanp1pe
RCS not sure if the question surrounding ST was for me, but yes I am aware it doesn't cover cup games (holder since 97). And it was that long ago I wasn't missing a home game. Unfortunately, costs go up, wages haven't. I love matches but need to prioritise family. As fir Paul Baker, i think he is the original CTFC legend. I am not digging at him, needs must. Just personally I can't go, and I don't blame him for it. If I physically had the money, I would be there.
robinsrule
Free kids is absolutely the way to go. Here's a little story you might find interesting: I run the highest occupancy hotel in my region. To compare this with football, the only credit I can take for the success of the hotel is doing my best to ensure that the operation is running smoothly (in football terms this would be the performance on the pitch). The way we have become the highest occupancy hotel is by offering kids for free to a later age than our rival hotels. Of course, if we weren't a decent hotel this would be irrelevant.

My point is, the kids dictate where their parents go on holiday, just as they would and could dictate where they spend their Saturday afternoons. If a Dad goes with his two sons and pays one adult price, even if he thinks the football on offer is rubbish will he have a choice about what he does a fortnight later if his boys want to come to the next home game?

I am labouring the point a bit to make an example but if that Dad had to fork out 60 quid he could legitimately make a claim that the football wasn't worth it. Unfortunately, living abroad I haven't been to a home game for a while (back at Xmas though) so I don't even know of we offer any free kids tickets, but if we offered freebies to those would realistically have to come with a paying adult - eg up to the age of 17 - it would be interesting to see the result, even for one game. I wouldn't extend this offer to 17 year olds because they could drive themselves and there would be no benefit to the club.

Children are the future of all football clubs. If we can somehow get the next generation through the gates we will be on a sound footing for survival. Feel free to shoot me down, I just thought of the parallel between my hotel and CTFC when I read the above post about Gloucester offering free kids tickets.

Ps There are downsides - having 500 kids running around is a nightmare!
Shade
But if you take away the kids that are free, but keep the adults, are you still the highest occupancy? And is it worth having all those extra little brats around for free for the number of extra adults?
robinsrule
Yes because the occupancy is based on two adults in most of the rooms - kids are just squeezed in on extra beds rather than taking the place of paying adults. But you wouldn't believe how many guests return mainly because the kids are happy (most of the adults enjoy themselves too). That said, there is of course a price ceiling at which some people have to say no - just like for football tickets.

I got into Cheltenham because my stepdad supported them, but in latter years I was the one dragging him along. Unfortunately a lot of my friends have stopped going since the glory days ended.