Yates Fined

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

cliffy90
Mark Yates has been fined £500 after admitting a charge of misconduct during last week's game at Cambridge.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... ates-fined" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What about the non-league cretin from Cambridge?
I-Love-CTFC
Maybe Yates' assessment of what actually happened wasn't entirely true.
51/84
I assume it was his normal language so not guilty my Lord
Shade
Why in the article does it refer to "Mark Yates" and "Yates" three times, but the one time it mentions Cambridge's manager it says "Mr Richard Money"?
Shade
But the punishment not as severe as that for Chris Wilder after Northampton's game at Whaddon Road
http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... ion-301014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cufcfan
Richard didn't get fined because he wasn't acting like a cretin.

Yates said something stupid before the end of HT, both managers got involved and the ref sent them to the stands. On the advice of the 4th official, Yates has been fined and Money cleared.

I thought what Yates was claiming was out of character of Richard, but decided to hold judgement until the FA acted. They have, Yates looks a bit of an idiot now and all is done.
Robin
I also found the alleged comments by Money to be very strange and quite probably some sort of mis-understanding. Yates is certainly quite a fiery manager - he once headbutted an Exeter player while managing a certain local non-league club.
C.V
Does make you wonder what you can believe coming out the club latley.
Nesty
cufcfan wrote:Richard didn't get fined because he wasn't acting like a cretin.

Yates said something stupid before the end of HT, both managers got involved and the ref sent them to the stands. On the advice of the 4th official, Yates has been fined and Money cleared.

I thought what Yates was claiming was out of character of Richard, but decided to hold judgement until the FA acted. They have, Yates looks a bit of an idiot now and all is done.
no change there then
art vandalay
Shade wrote:But the punishment not as severe as that for Chris Wilder after Northampton's game at Whaddon Road
http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... ion-301014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I assume this is why he didn't re-appear after half-time.
trickster

Where does it say this “On the advice of the 4th official, Yates has been fined and Money cleared” provide the link?
Shade
Gotta love CTFC fans. Nothing like sticking up for your own.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Read Money's belated denial.

"The reference to non-league was us. He missed two important words: that's us," Money told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29741785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Makes no sense and is a sign of cretinous behaviour as is his rant about the wind favouring us.

A farce, and unsurprising bias, from the FA once again.

I hope Yates gives him a couple of fingers when we turn them over at our place.
trickster

Hang on hang on you seem to have a lot to say but where’s your evidence or is it as I fear just your assumption of what happened. Unless I’ve missed it I’ve seen nothing printed that says Money did or didn't say what Yates is accusing him of calling our club and Yates non-league, I read Yates has been fined for an outburst of swearing so being that you’ve fabricated a story of what happened and some of our fans have been sucked in as usual here’s my unsubstantiated version.

Yates and Money were walking down the tunnel Money sneakily and in a low voice said Yates you are a non-league manager of a non-league club, Yates is known to wear his heart on his sleeve and to be volatile, so replies in a loud voice don’t you f****ing call me a non-league manager or insult me club you w***er, referee over hears this and says now now what’s going on, right lets have you both in my room, after listening to them at halftime decides to send them both to the stands, now if no one else hears Money because of the sly way he said it no matter what Yates says there is no evidence that Money said it so he can’t be charged with anything, now Yates on the other hand when asked after the match gives his side of the story to the media so in the FA’s eyes whether Money said it or not Yates is in the wrong for bringing the game into disrepute and fined £500.

Now unless someone can prove me wrong my version of events carries as much weight as yours, you pays your money and takes your choice.

Footnote: It’s interesting to see that our club have requested written reasons for the FA's decision, that doesn’t seem like an admission of guilt to me even if some of you are ready to crucify him.
cufcfan
Well, apart from the fans all sat around the two dugouts (they've no room on them anymore, anything they say or do it open to everyone sat around them), of course nobody anything...

Oh and out players tunnel is near to the away end. If your club runs a highlights thingy then you'll see nether was near each other "in the tunnel" and everything that happened was in plain view of the fans and staff by the dugout.

Yates gave us no respect from the moment he turned up, a shame. Many a club have said how we're a very professional club, welcoming and helpful to visiting players, fans and staff. See the Carlilse kit guy/media guy's tweet about how we are the most welcoming club he's ever been too. Yates was a complete tit all day, deserved his fine (of which he's pleaded guilty! It's the fine itself he doesn't accept) and I'm sure he will move on. As will we, our fans, your fans and the footballing world.

Things are said in the heat of the moment, anything Yates said or does doesn't bother me that much. But to act like an idiot and be as unprofessional as he was? We're a league team too you know, we run a professional outfit. You should give every club respect.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We were so disrespectful we made the wind blow the wrong way. Read the nonsense Money has said. Mark Yates obviously feels Money disrespected CTFC otherwise he won't have retaliated and our club wouldn't be writing a letter to the FA.

Looks like we beat you fair and square and poor old Richard Money couldn't take it. Judging by your posts, neither could your fans.
THECHOIRBOY
Of course Richard Money is a calm Manager who would never get involved in such altercations.....(he was manager of Luton at the time!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdADVAUcOos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
Show no passion and you are lambasted. Show passion and you are an idiot. Welcome to the Robins Nest Forum
51/84
Just the motivation required
3 points for 500 pounds
Money well spent!!!!!
I hope it's a howling gale when you come to WR
horlickfanclub
I hope next time I hear bad language refs will be consistent and send the players off . hmmm fat chance of that. The F.A. is not consistent.
cufcfan
I have no issue with dropping 3 points to you guys, you're a settled L2 team. We're still trying to find our feet.

Oh and the reference to Richard losing his cool at Luton. Anyone would do the same if you had to manage at that shithole, with those fans! They we're calling for Still to be sacked earlier this season, now they're top! Fickle lot them at Kenilworth.
trickster
cufcfan wrote:Well, apart from the fans all sat around the two dugouts (they've no room on them anymore, anything they say or do it open to everyone sat around them), of course nobody anything...

Oh and out players tunnel is near to the away end. If your club runs a highlights thingy then you'll see nether was near each other "in the tunnel" and everything that happened was in plain view of the fans and staff by the dugout.

Yates gave us no respect from the moment he turned up, a shame. Many a club have said how we're a very professional club, welcoming and helpful to visiting players, fans and staff. See the Carlilse kit guy/media guy's tweet about how we are the most welcoming club he's ever been too. Yates was a complete tit all day, deserved his fine (of which he's pleaded guilty! It's the fine itself he doesn't accept) and I'm sure he will move on. As will we, our fans, your fans and the footballing world.

Things are said in the heat of the moment, anything Yates said or does doesn't bother me that much. But to act like an idiot and be as unprofessional as he was? We're a league team too you know, we run a professional outfit. You should give every club respect.
What you’ve said is just hearsay without a shred of evidence, it isn’t the first time a manager has wound Yates up Steve Evans did it, it’s probably well known that Yates won’t turn the other cheek, Yates is the one that brought this to light and why would he give an outburst in the tunnel for the officials to see if there was no reason for it.

You believe your manager and I will believe ours.
little mo

Your manager gets called by his Christian name and ours by his surname. Run along sonny. :evil: :evil:
robinsrule
BTW I just got some inside information, the Cambridge manager did indeed call Yates "a non-league manager of a non-league club". Yates went to their changing room after the game but. I have no idea why he was fined though.
Ralph
cufcfan wrote:
Oh and the reference to Richard losing his cool at Luton.
whats all this "Richard" bs?? Are you his dad or something?
everyman
cliffy90 wrote:Mark Yates has been fined £500 after admitting a charge of misconduct during last week's game at Cambridge.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... ates-fined" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wonder if Mr.Baker will pay his fine ?