Fundraising Ideas/Opportunities for the Trust

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Admin
Site Administrator
Thinking about the cashback site recently mentioned to help raise money for the Trust, if any local businesses have a promotion that will help the Trust then please feel free to post it in here.

I'll start us off:

My company, Officeworx, is an office supplies company based in Leckhampton. We offer a variety of supplies and services to businesses nationwide, such as:
  • Office Stationery
  • Inks & Toners (original & compatible)
  • Packaging
  • Catering & Janitorial
  • Office Furniture
  • Printing - Stationery, Flyers, Brochures, Books & Pads
  • Network Cabling Installations
  • Telephone Systems, Lines & Calls
  • Wireless Networks
  • AV Installations
Delivery is next day free of charge.

If anyone purchases from us and mentions the Trust, we will give a commission to the Trust, assuming this is allowed Leo?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe a Trust business networking event. Exclusively attended by Trust members, if we have enough.

At the club or another venue which is used for free (people buy food and drink).

Fiver or tenner to get in for people to come in the capacity of their own business or their employers.

Promotional material can be circulated, people could present if they like and general chatting and swapping of business cards to hopefully foster future work contacts and partnerships.

Attendees benefit from networking, especially those from companies who usually can't access or afford such events.

Club benefits from food and drink sales and demonstrating facilities to those who may not have seen them.

Trust benefit from the ticket money raised, from people engaging and through members getting to know each other more. It may spark other useful ideas or suggestions for Trust fundraising.

This may be pie in the sky if only a couple of people are interested but if there was enough people it would work.

----

As for the OP. A good idea which I support. The drawback of the fundraising site is that it discourages spending at local or independent shops. These are the lifeblood of local economies so I would hate to have contributed to their decline.
leohoenig
I will not reply individually to ideas on this thread, but instead let them be passed by the trust board as a whole.
However, for the two ideas so far - Admin's sounds good, and we would like similar from other companies
Can you e-mail (or PM to me) details to the trust and we will try and get links to websites on our web pages (after a trust board meeting)

RCS has an idea that would be better put to the club itself then the trust.
mattyboi
Regular car boot sale at the club car park, on the weekends its not at the racecourse!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
robinsnestforum.co.uk members in stocks to have wet sponges thrown at them.

Other members pay for the privilege. I am sure the likes of Robin, myself, Confused, and others would fetch a tidy sum.
asl
Top idea, RCS! :lol:

We could invite an illegal lorry load of Romanians especially for Mal.
Malabus
Great to see...support our local businesses.