Transfer listed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Andy Haworth: http://bit.ly/HaworthTransferList" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
Up until this year you have to say that Yates brought in a high % of good players, but 5-3-2 doesnt suit wingers - and Haworth, Omari, Zack have struggled to make an impact
Fuller
Transfer listed or just made available for loan ?
Shade
Headline: "Made available for loan".
Article: "name circulated to other clubs".
Conclusion: he's being sent out for game time in the hope that he shows some form and can come back and do a job later in the season.
Robin
The writing has been on the wall for the lad since early in the season, he simply does not fit into the team and probably needs to drop down a level for regular football.
cliffy90
Haworth was a panic signing after failing to sign Ashley Grimes. He's failed to make any kind of impact in the first team.
Robin
I always felt as though he was signed as cheap cover to be honest however now we are not playing wingers and have De Vita he's simply not needed.
London Exile
It's best for both parties that we part. Haworth needs regular soccer and we can't afford (literally) to have players in the squad that won't feature or don't fit into the managers plans.
horlickfanclub
Looked decent to me. I think De Vita and Sterling-James will follow in January.
Robin
I don't understand the urge to get rid of De Vita?
CTFC03
De Vita is a good player, OSJ can go for me. Either way there is guaranteed movement in January.
Robin
It's getting back towards the revolving door policy of Mad Dog.
Joey
Robin wrote:It's getting back towards the revolving door policy of Mad Dog.
Quite odd to declare that the club has returned to the 'revolving door policy of Mad Dog' because two posters suggested we dispose of two wingers in January. Both during the 2011/12 and 2012/13 season we saw just as much transfer activity if not more.

I personally think we'll see both De Vita and OSJ here at least until the end of the season. OSJ is a good prospect, he looks better than Kowitca and we need wingers in the event that we do change system. I suspect that today or next week we might see the inclusion of wingers in our formation.
Nesty
its not just about the loan players themselves - its the effect on our own kids and us supporters. As good a player that Ferdinand is he is not ours and will be another to mention in threads when listing faceless loans, we dont get time to build an identity with these players, of course there are exceptions like Pack, Garbutt, Butland who were here longer and cut the mustard. These types are long gone,, to be replaced by fly by night characters (short impact) like Kobi and Eusebio who although provide short term entertainment, further add to the confusion regarding formations and do not allow a settled environment. Imagine how Hanks for example must feel - I felt he had done well (one bad game) he now is suddenly at the bottom of the midfield pecking order. We soon see Marquis leave, so expect yet another loan player up front. We were told by Baker and Yates that there would not be as many loans as last season.
Its a merry go round
Robin
Exactly Nesy it's constant turnover of short term gaps, it may be modern football but I don't enjoy it.
51/84
I thought that the transfer system was changing

The other thing is that Yates is trying to pick up another Butland or Garbutt, but others are getting in their first
Rather than getting in a journey man or experienced pro , the club hopes to get away with youngsters
The Prem and championship just hoover up anyone decent and then put them out to get experience

I thought the chairman said we would be looking at loans with a view - is Ferdinand one of those
We need someone who comes in who is going to stay past Christmas 2015