Just 3 minutes more

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
Over the weekend we hear that the manager is unhappy with players coming in 3 minutes before the start of training

He was also going on about players staying on after training

If the players are expected to be on the pitch at a certain time and arrive at that time but take 10 minutes to get ready that is unacceptable
If they are expected to be in seasons at a certain time and they are what is the problem
The long hours culture where people are scared to be last in and first out is dead so I dont expect it to be acceptable at CTFC
If players are bullied in to attend early and not going home then that is unacceptable

I know I will be attacked by those who think the players need a rocket and I would go along with that thought
If you look at my posts I have consistently asked for passion and hard work
If they are unfit they need to become fit
If they have poor technique then they need to work on that

Just because someone has no life outside work others should not feel compelled to be like wise

I was always in the office at 8.30 or before unless there was major road disruption, worked my hours plus always available during my lunch time etc, but as soon as someone started checking up on us we stopped working that extra time and had our lunch hour
It is about trust and getting people onside
If there are some wide boys or some who are badly disorganised then that is up to the manager and the club to sort or help people. The next time JP is asking PB2 questions can he ask him to explain the comments
C.V
As you say in your last sentence it's up to the manager to sort it out l suggest you do that and stop stirring things up
51/84
Sorry CV it was the manager who brought in to the public media
That is the reason why I think there should be clarification
It either stays in house , ie the manager does not say anything or he explains why he felt it was needed to go public
The manager has been in post 2 weeks or there abouts . How often has he had the players in
When did he tell them it was unacceptable
He does not even know his players names - his words abour Zack.
That is disrespectful not difficult with 17 or 18 first team players

I didnt put it out there the manager did , explain it
Jerry St Clair
I suspect we're taking PB2's "9.57" comments a bit too literally. I suspect it's a metaphor for wanting more commitment from some of the players.
C.V
51/84 wrote:Sorry CV it was the manager who brought in to the public media
It either stays in house , ie the manager does not say anything or he explains why he felt it was needed to go public
The manager has been in post 2 weeks or there abouts . How often has he had the players in

You obviously must have to much time on your hands if your not stirring it about the finances or the board you now have a new target in your sights the manager.l suggest you find something else to occupy your time as you are clearly not happy with anything that goes on at Cheltenham Town Football club.
everyman
Jerry St Clair wrote:I suspect we're taking PB2's "9.57" comments a bit too literally. I suspect it's a metaphor for wanting more commitment from some of the players.
Exactly,and i am pleased that our manager is more intelligent than some of our supporters whose attention span is considerably less than 3mins.
baggy89
I took it to mean he felt players didn't want to be there so did the minimum expected so he would aim to improve things so players got there early and stayed later because they enjoyed it.
Alf
I'd be more animated if he WASN'T addressing these issues. You can worry about treating players like adults when they start acting like them. Hopefully last week and Saturday was a turning point in our season.
Ralph
everyman wrote:
Jerry St Clair wrote:I suspect we're taking PB2's "9.57" comments a bit too literally. I suspect it's a metaphor for wanting more commitment from some of the players.
Exactly,and i am pleased that our manager is more intelligent than some of our supporters whose attention span is considerably less than 3mins.
Agree with Jerry too..

51/84 i hardly think the players are being bullied. They are being paid to do a job which right now they are failing at. They need rockets up their ass plain and simple. PB2 is doing a good thing
51/84
I totally agree with the points as I have said about rockets and p!## take etc, but 2 weeks in seems a short time to go public.
If he meant something else then he should have said what he meant he says he says it as he is
I dont know what he meant that is my point

I will let the subject drop
I will not try to get answers to questions via this board and when I do get them I am not going to post them on here
As they say in the big wide word DYR
Judge_Dreddful
51/84 wrote:Sorry CV it was the manager who brought in to the public media

Actually I agree with you there. I thought it incredibly disrespectful to a young player who had just scored a vital equaliser to be referred to like that. If he genuinely 'didn't know his name' when he came on then he sure as f#!$ should have made sure he found out his name - and how to pronounce it properly - once he had scored, and before the post match radio interview.

Unless it was his idea of a 'you know these eastern European types, they all have unpronounceable names' joke, which is even more insulting in my eyes....
Alf
Oh dear. We're making up our own agendas now.
There have been plenty of top flight managers who struggled with names. Jack Charlton springs to mind.
51/84
Ive never heard anyone struggle with Jack or Bobby Charlton
Alf
:-)