Luke Rodgers

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Artemis
Parted company with FGR earlier this month and currently without a club. One of Buckles' targets perhaps?
CTFC03
I hope not, we can do better I'm sure.
Ralph
why do we need FGR castoffs?? No thanks
Alf
He's prob have to take a drop in wages if he came to us.
Robin
Well if he has to take a drop in wages to come here then I doubt there will be many league two clubs willing/able to take him.
Alf
I think FGR players are on decent money, certainly equivalent to div 2 standard.
Artemis
FGR's budget is reportedly one of the biggest (if not the biggest) in the Conference. I have no proof that it is bigger than ours, but suspect it is, simply based on the depth of Dale Vince's pockets matching his ambition to get the club into the Football League.
I have no idea whether Luke Rogers is a target for us or not. Merely a co-incidence that Rogers is released from his contract and Buckle has 'players lined up'
Malabus
Artemis wrote:FGR's budget is reportedly one of the biggest (if not the biggest) in the Conference. I have no proof that it is bigger than ours, but suspect it is, simply based on the depth of Dale Vince's pockets matching his ambition to get the club into the Football League.
I have no idea whether Luke Rogers is a target for us or not. Merely a co-incidence that Rogers is released from his contract and Buckle has 'players lined up'
I would guess FGR budget is bigger than ours.
Robin
Alf wrote:I think FGR players are on decent money, certainly equivalent to div 2 standard.
Agree but I would imagine we are paying our senior players above the going rate for league two. This is based on our wage bill being the 12th largest (as commented by Paul Baker) and the fact that we have a small squad with many youngsters.
solihullkev
Could be good news for Cheltenham firework vendors.
NorthCotRobin
Robin wrote:
Alf wrote:I think FGR players are on decent money, certainly equivalent to div 2 standard.
Agree but I would imagine we are paying our senior players above the going rate for league two. This is based on our wage bill being the 12th largest (as commented by Paul Baker) and the fact that we have a small squad with many youngsters.
That's worrying when you compare some our "senior players" to other teams in the league, especially when you think of the squad we had a couple of years ago. Has the budget dropped that much or are we just being unlucky or an unappealing option for decent players at this level?
I just have a good feeling that buckle will sign the kind of players we as fans want to see. Don't ask me why though!
NorthCotRobin
If we was genuinely targeting Luke Rodgers then I'd be extremely dissapointed and would have to question the ambitions and sanity of the PB's

Was a has been a few years ago now in my eyes
Robin
Yes Rodgers was a great propsect who didn't really meet his potential, seems to have been a journeyman for a number of years now.