Emile Sinclair....and five trialists

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

SuperCuro250
Nesty wrote:I doubt that PB2 is after a full back
You might be in for a surprise on Monday in that case...
SuperCuro250
THECHOIRBOY wrote:I can't see it being Barnett, even though I think he would be a good addition and would like to be proved wrong. Am purely speculating, but would have thought if he ended contract with Peterborough there are places he could go for much more money (returning to Oxford for example)

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/11666 ... gh/?ref=mr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Definitely not Barnett
THECHOIRBOY
There is a bit of unknown re: CBB and personally I remain unconvinced by Vaughan. Industrious - yes, a good defender, I am not sure.

Our preferred formation until end of season may influence this a bit.
SuperCuro250
THECHOIRBOY wrote:
Robin wrote:Matt Harrold from Crawley?

Where did you hear this Choirboy?
It's on Twitter now - James Young and Official account

https://twitter.com/CTFCofficial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/CTFCintheEcho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And agree someone like Harrold would be perfect (was he at Rovers when Buckle was there?)
Sadly not Harrold either. We were interested in him earlier in the season, but he is not one of the two striker targets
thetonga
The name I have heard isn't massively exciting!
Robin
Can you give any hints without jeopardising your source Tonga, i.e. how much football they have played and whether they have had any success at this level?
thetonga
The name I've heard isn't exactly prolific but 6ft2 and has played higher prior to his current club. Has played at WR this season.
Ralph
Shade wrote:Realism. Do any of us have any idea where that is in regards to who we might actually be looking at, wages wise? Might as well just throw the name of any striker that hasn't been a starter at their club this season from L1 or L2 or an unhappy one from the Conf.
and be massively disappointed when the fella gets named....
Robin
In that case let's hope it's Aaron Wilbraham from Bristol City but I suspect I am being too optimistic!
THECHOIRBOY
Very - he has been injured, that is only reason he has not been playing!

I can't think of any big blokes from other teams. Ryan Taylor, Howe - all probably out our wage structure
Robin
Would like to think Rene Howe could be afford and wouldn't be on more than say we are paying Harrison or Richards.
Oldun
Going back to full back debate, we need two full backs! Otherwise we have to play 5 at back to cover them. Obviously that seriously restricts what can happen further up the pitch. Are we going to get the Torquay guy in defence? Would he be known to PB2?
Robin
Why would we take a player from Torquay? Last summer we took Vaughan who was supposed to be one of the best full backs in the conference yet the general consensus has been he's struggled to make the step up.
Oldun
Was simply asking the question! Had seen guy called Berry was leaving Torquay on Monday for full time contract somewhere.....just wondered if PB2 knew him and if he was better than our current full backs? Agree re Vaughan and CBB has to have safety net of three centre backs!
Malabus
Is Duncan Culley getting another chance to impress. ..?
Oldun
Are we getting anyone in for Luton game or is it going to be next week? (or week after?!!!!) Come on you guys! Someone must know something!
THECHOIRBOY
Oldun wrote:Are we getting anyone in for Luton game or is it going to be next week? (or week after?!!!!) Come on you guys! Someone must know something!
Echo says no

https://twitter.com/CTFCintheEcho/statu ... 4487321600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Two signings start of next week apparently defender and a striker, possiblity of a third also.
London Exile
Defender and a strong striker would be a great start (hopefully on the back of a Luton win and other results going our way)
PilgrimInPeace
Durrell Berry is meant to be the defender, more than capable in League 2. He turned down a contract with Argyle in the summer thinking he could find something better but it didn't work out for him
little mo
Robin wrote:In that case let's hope it's Aaron Wilbraham from Bristol City but I suspect I am being too optimistic!

Robin mate, tell me you are joking, or dreaming, or both. There is more chance of me swimming the channel both ways non stop doing the backstroke than there is of us signing him. :lol: :lol:
Artemis
Andy Williams, Swindon Town (just a guess!)
London Exile
thetonga wrote:The name I've heard isn't exactly prolific but 6ft2 and has played higher prior to his current club. Has played at WR this season.
Few, I was worried then but having checked Wikipedia Marlon Harewood is onky 6ft1 :)