Hopefully this clears a few things up

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video interview with Paul Baker here discussing the financial situation and plans for the rest of the January window: http://bit.ly/PaulBakerFinances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DingDing
Further savings to be announced next week - hope it's Harrison or CBB going rather than someone like Elliott being released from the coaching staff.
Oldun
Hopefully Richards Vaughan and CBB!
Robin
I wouldn't want us to pay up Vaughan given he has another year but CBB, Harrison and Richards must be prime candidates.

Good news we are trying our upmost to keep the Liverpool kids for the season Dunn looks a real prospect.
asl
Shame CBB doesn't want to stay as he's actually kicked on immeasurably since last season, so I'd keep him. Vaughan has done nothing at all for me, though, I won't be at all sorry to see him go.
London Exile
I wonder if we'll see 2 new arrivals first before seeing anyone leave just in case anything falls through?
With Richards, Harrison and CBB I wouldn't expect us to pay them up because I think there'll be takers for all 3.
It sounds as though CBB might have had interest elsewhere if he's turned down a deal so I wouldn't expect him to be paid up.
Peter Griffin
Hang on, why are we wanting to get rid of Vaughan?
Nham68
Agree Peter, Vaughan has been about the only player that seems to be able to beat a man out wide and whip a ball into the box - much better than CBB in my view ...
trickster
Agree with the two posts above, he wouldn't get in the Arsenal team but he's as good as we will get at the moment, some have delusions of grandeur again.
Robin
He's been no better than average no delusions but we can get better just look at players we have had there.
London Exile
This seasons aim has got to be getting to mid table safety and allowing the manager the chance to build his squad in the summer.
From PBs interview it sounds as though we're still ok financially off the field, it's cash flow that's the problem which I guess is where cup money winnings becomes crucial.

Who knows, hopefully in the not too distant future there might be news on the land swap with CBC and Cakebridge Place which could help the club financially too.
trickster
In my opinion we’ve had players putting in below average performances all season in every game, so why we would want to get rid of a player that’s got some kind of life left in him amazes me, as for getting better I think we could quite easily replace half the team with better it’s having the money that’s the problem.
cheltsaxon
Pretty sure it will be cbb spoke to him the other day and he said first offer from the club wasn't acceptable and they haven't returned with another.
Malabus
Is CBB injured?
CTFC03
Vaughan gets caught out of position far too often and is defensively poor anyway, CBB is the better full back albeit his defending can be suspect but he has improved on last season.
Shade
He passes to the opposition way too much as well. It feels like he just needs to calm down some times and not be in such a hurry to get the ball back and then pass it on.
darreno
He passes to the opposition way too much
Haha, that's what lower league footballers do, you're not premiier league here chap :lol:

It'll be my first trip to WR this season, due to illness, so i will reserve judgment until 4.55 today.

COYR!
Shade
1. I said way too much. IE, more than anyone else in the team.
2. I guess you couldn't judge (dropped probably because he gives the ball away way too much) so you will have to take my word for it :D