Lee Vaghaun

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

triggo
Surprised no ones mentioned him here.
Thought he had an accomplished game yesterday.
Was it his header that saved a certain goal in the second half.
Apart from the overhit cross in the first and the wayward shot in the second I thought it was one of his best games.
Linked up well, tenacious tackling, got forward when he could. Looked the part.
Ben
I love him a little bit. I dont think he is the world's best player but he times a tackle better than anyone else in the team. I can see him getting sent off quite often but you need someone who will fly into the opposition, it lifts the team and the crowd. I get the impression the Friday night before a game whilst Trev is dreaming of penalty saves and Harrad of hat tricks Vaughany is dreaming of the left winger pushing the ball just a bit too far ahead of him so he can nail him to the floor
London Exile
Ben wrote:I love him a little bit. I dont think he is the world's best player but he times a tackle better than anyone else in the team. I can see him getting sent off quite often but you need someone who will fly into the opposition, it lifts the team and the crowd. I get the impression the Friday night before a game whilst Trev is dreaming of penalty saves and Harrad of hat tricks Vaughany is dreaming of the left winger pushing the ball just a bit too far ahead of him so he can nail him to the floor
This made me laugh because I imagine it to be true!
I think under Russ we'll see more of what Yates first saw in LV.
triggo
:lol: I think you could just be right there !
twitcher
Remember talking to Lee at the open day back in July. He was like a kid in a sweet shop. Just wanted to play league football. Top block.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I still think Vaughan being suspended for Dover was a big blow - always felt he was our most direct and creative player during October.
Robin
I feel as though Vaughan has struggled a lot with the step up from the conference this season but I also fully agree, that yesterday was his best game in a CTFC shirt.
CTFC03
Vaughan has certainly stepped up, long may it continue.