Very 'non league'

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nham68
My 6 year old son, who was at the game today made observation " why do cheltenham just hit the ball up in the air all the time " . He has a point . Why ?

The complete lack of desire to play anything other than hoof ball today means only one outcome was likely. Centre backs had our two forwards in their pocket , yet no change in tactics. The odd time CBB got it out wide, final product was poor ...

We have come down to playing , at best, moderate conference standard, and there we shall be playing next season .

I don't blame Russell Milton : inherited a sick dog, only so much you can do. The Buckle debacle completely backfired. Maybe Yates would have kept us up, albeit in a painful way - who knows.

I've been season ticket holder for 10 yrs .. I will still go when were in the vanarama - cannot desert your club. But boy do I hope we have a clear out I the Summer....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We can take losing, but losing playing hoof-ball on an awful pitch is the least acceptable way to lose.
Malabus
Pitch looked better, but that is a huge rarity. The pitch is the sacred space, don't abuse and have s#!t on it.
Nham68
But everyone else can come here and get 2 or 3 goals ... So the pitch is not the issue .. Our tactics and skill levels are simply not up to league 2 standard ...
little mo
Nham68 wrote:But everyone else can come here and get 2 or 3 goals ... So the pitch is not the issue .. Our tactics and skill levels are simply not up to league 2 standard ...
They only play on it once though. We play on it 23 times.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Someone needs to ask RM and the players straight up; "why the hoof-ball". Only that way will we know how much impact the pitch has on our 'style' of 'play'.
Jerry St Clair
The pitch didn't prevent Plymouth waltzing through our midfield at will.
Nham68
But opponents can score on it , with just one visit - it's no excuse . 3 well taken goals today. Did we really ever look like creating chances today ? Nope ,.. Last week, we only created chances during a last minute siege after it took an opponent to score an own goal and then we couldn't hit a barn door ..

How many decent crosses did we have today ? Maybe one or two. How many shots on target ? 1... We are simply just rubbish and not capable to adapt to conditions of pitch or weather, whereas our competitors are. Period.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nham68 wrote:But opponents can score on it , with just one visit - it's no excuse . 3 well taken goals today. Did we really ever look like creating chances today ? Nope ,.. Last week, we only created chances during a last minute siege after it took an opponent to score an own goal and then we couldn't hit a barn door ..

How many decent crosses did we have today ? Maybe one or two. How many shots on target ? 1... We are simply just rubbish and not capable to adapt to conditions of pitch or weather, whereas our competitors are. Period.
No one is disagreeing with that. The point is, there should be no reason to have to adapt or have this debate. Why make things harder?