Trust Official: Fans Focus Group

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

leohoenig
Your Club: Your Views Count

The Robins Trust and Cheltenham Town Football Club will be holding a focus group on Monday 18th May and we want to hear your views.

Like last year, when the Football Club arranged a similar event, we want to hear from as wide a cross-section of Robins fans as possible.

We want to hear from fans young and old, male or female, season ticket holder or not on the issues that matter to you.

Whether it's the way the club engages with fans, what you do on a matchday, or how the club operates, we want to hear from you.

As the club looks forward to a new era, it's vital that the views of the fans are heard - if you have strong opinions, or ideas of how to make things better, we want to hear from you.

If you want to be involved e-mail to Robins Trust fan elected director Clive Gowing at clive.gowing@robinstrust.org stating your name, age, the number of years you have been supporting the Robins and the area of the ground where you watch the games.

Also, if you feel you have skills that would be of benefit to the Football Club, please note them on your e-mail.

Cheltenham Town is your club, and your views will count.
CTFC03
I don't want to hear the chairman fobbing off the fan that question's why the players were in for training for barely over 2 hours.
leohoenig
That is not what the focus group is for, it is for the fans to set priorities for the future.
This forum is being run by the trust, not the club.
rasta
Answer we will learn from our mistakes '/@# bullshit answer
rasta
Perhaps you should swap places
51/84
Can anyone turn up and if so where is it and when
Do you have to be invited like the last time after applying
More info please
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
One question relating to a new way for the Trust/Club to engage with fans - any chance of the event on the 18th being on Skype or similar? So those not able, or not selected, to attend can watch - and if anyone is asked to contribute who is unable to attend, they can be invited to talk on Skype?
Hubert Parry
^ this.
leohoenig
I repeat one line of the original statement
If you want to be involved e-mail to Robins Trust fan elected director Clive Gowing.
I would have thought that Skype is impractical for this - based on trying to use it for Trust board meetings.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Charming.
Flux
email sent. I was at last years discussion group and a lot of good practical ideas were pt forward but not a lot of it has seemingly been acted upon. Hopefully this will change now the Trust are involved.
confused.com
In an attempt to be positive, if skype is a non starter, can we not use, google hangout or similar
Hubert Parry
confused.com wrote:In an attempt to be positive, if skype is a non starter, can we not use, google hangout or similar
Exactly - and at the risk of sounding dismissive, there is an air of a 'can't do' attitude around the trust/club sometimes. It would be nice to see people looking for solutions rather than problems.
I-Love-CTFC
The Gloucester City out campaign needs to be heard. If we want to play attractive football next season then they need to go.
51/84
not going to happen in 15/16
hepple
When are we likely to hear back as to if we have been selected to attend
leohoenig
I think everyone who has e-mailed Clive will be invited to attend. The request for e-mail in advance is as this will not be a forum, but focus group sessions. The numbers will be split into groups, depending on how many attend, so as everyone is able to express their opinion. Please e-mail Clive if you want to be involved - the address is on the first post
leohoenig
Dear Robins Trust supporter

On Monday 18th the Robins Trust and CTFC will be holding a focus session at Whaddon Road to discuss the following areas:

A. Fans’ perception of the Club & Fan Engagement

B. CTFC and the community it serves

C. Matchday experience

D. CTFC and its commercial activities

We appreciate that not everyone can attend the night so are giving you the chance to respond via email on the topics above and your comments will be passed onto the trust representive involved in each section. Please could you email any comments to be raised on the night to myself by Sunday night 17th. (e-mail address on first post in section)

Once again many thanks for your continued support.

Clive