Rejoice

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
...for today is the day CBB became an ex-CTFC player.
Robin
I notice not one of our released players has found a club, I don't want to laugh to hard though just in case one of them returns here for training especially while we wait for a left back to join!
Malabus
He did start the season brilliantly. Did lack the ability to cross the ball in the danger area, his confidence decreased as the season came to its conclusion.
horlickfanclub
He had failings but four Managers picked him so they need some stick too.
Benctfc
horlickfanclub wrote:He had failings but four Managers picked him so they need some stick too.
To be fair Milton and Johnson didn't really have a choice as there was no alternative. Yates is the main person to blame as he actually rewarded him with a new contract!
horlickfanclub
Bowen was available.
kags
Signing CBB permanently after his initial loan spell was a joke. Must have been cheap, nevertheless its clear Yatesy was taking his eye off the ball around that time.
DingDing
We can all speculate about how 4 managers picked him, but we need to remember that throwing a kid (Bowen) in to a relegation battle isn't necessarily the smartest idea.

We also don't know how much CBB was being paid (I'd personally guess he was a lower earner given that we were giving him another shot at being a football league player). With that in mind, I suspect that the managers felt they couldn't get anything better for the money and focussed on trying to strengthen other areas to try and compensate for that weakness.

I think I remember GJ mentioning at the end of the season when the released list was announced that some may be allowed back for training if they haven't sorted themselves out, but I doubt he'd be one of them.
Robin
CBB turned down a new deal offered by Buckle as he wanted more money...

It will be interesting to see how many of our former players line up against us next season Troy Brown, CBB, Vaughan, all seem suited to the conference just hopefully not here.
DingDing
I can't see CBB getting a conference club given how poor he is and especially if they do their 'due diligence' checks with GJ - can't see him giving a good reference to any of that lot.
THECHOIRBOY
People said that about Danny Andrew though and he ended up having a good season at Macclesfield before ending up at Fleetwood (where I don't think he played much admittedly)