BBC Radio Glos Commentaries

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
Does anyone know what the situation will be now we have been relegated?

I presume it will be deciding preference between FGR and us. Glos Rugby will continue to dominate I should image

Any know?
Malabus
Imagine our games will be moved online.
Shade
I'd imagine we would possibly share commentaries on normal FM radio with FGR with the other match being online, depending on who's away. Or, given there is undoubtedly a bigger fanbase for CTFC, it will stay the same as last season?
Robin
I would hope it will stay the same but given the rugby bias on the radio I would have concerns we may have reduced coverage until the later part of the season when we are hopefully in home straight for promotion.
Horteng
Robin wrote:I would hope it will stay the same but given the rugby bias on the radio I would have concerns we may have reduced coverage until the later part of the season when we are hopefully in home straight for promotion.
Likewise

Online is rubbish IMO.

Id be happy to take AM frequency
Shade
Horteng wrote:
Robin wrote:I would hope it will stay the same but given the rugby bias on the radio I would have concerns we may have reduced coverage until the later part of the season when we are hopefully in home straight for promotion.
Likewise

Online is rubbish IMO.

I wouldn't, can't get AM on most new radio's or phone radio's these days. I was always surprised that the rugby wasn't on FM.
Horteng
Shade wrote:
Horteng wrote:
Likewise

Online is rubbish IMO.

I wouldn't, can't get AM on most new radio's or phone radio's these days. I was always surprised that the rugby wasn't on FM.
I suppose we'd all have individual opinions. Here in the FOD Radio Glos on FM is a waste of time but pretty good on AM hence id take that.
kags
We have a fanbase at least 3x the size of Ecotricity Rovers. Radio Glos would get far more listeners covering us instead.
Robin
I can't imagine FGR will get coverage ahead of us however it's more the bloody egg chasers I am worried about.
Artemis
Robin wrote:I can't imagine FGR will get coverage ahead of us however it's more the bloody egg chasers I am worried about.
What, the rugby club who are in the top flight of their sport in England and attract attendances at least 4 times ours? Of course Radio Glos will cover the rugby as a priority.....
Malabus
Shade wrote: I wouldn't, can't get AM on most new radio's or phone radio's these days. I was always surprised that the rugby wasn't on FM.
Rugby is always on DAB; which most people got these days.
Horteng
Malabus wrote:
Shade wrote: I wouldn't, can't get AM on most new radio's or phone radio's these days. I was always surprised that the rugby wasn't on FM.
Rugby is always on DAB; which most people got these days.
Yes Mal but they normally take FM as well with us on AM and FGR online as a general rule last season..... Im just interested how it will work. Will the BBC fund Conference football? Do they look at it differently to league?
vikerlane
I asked Mark Halliwell about it few weeks ago on Twitter.

They are awaiting fixtures to come out to see if Chelt / FGR will have home-away games most of the season.

Conference games are cleared for online, he assumed it to be available online, whatever station they end up being on.
Malabus
Use the Tune In app for live matches. They issue a 'live event' number and you can search and find it on the app.
Horteng
Anyone have any news on this?
horlickfanclub
News is I have not dab or apps.