Cardiff

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

I-Love-CTFC
It sounds like they will be fielding a mixed team tonight. Their first team won 2-1 against Watford last night. http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 78894.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bennox
It's listed as an U21 Development Team fixture for them: http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/fixtures ... efixtures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't seen any similar message from the Cheltenham side however. Wonder if wires got crossed at some point.

Adam Le Fondre has tweeted that he's playing tonight.
Robin
Well hopefully they put out a second string, we win and people see the result and not the team sheet thus adding more positive publicity for the club at the moment.
CS85
I'm glad it's a weaker team.....it's boring which a team from a higher division play you off the park for 90 minutes.
I-Love-CTFC
FT: 1-1. A decent team performance, showing a lot of promise. This team is enjoyable to watch and the work rate is excellent. A stark contrast to last season. Pell, Storer and Dale were the standouts tonight. Good to see Bobbie get on the scoresheet with a nice finish. Our midfield looked strong again, I think they will play a really important part in dictating and controlling games. Only negative is we couldn't hold on for the win and the clean sheet. Danny Parslow has officially signed and will wear the number 6 shirt. On to Wimbledon on Saturday. That will be a really good indicator to show how far the team has come over pre-season.
Malabus
Defensively looking good?
I-Love-CTFC
We looked pretty solid at the back. George McLennan was the pick of the defenders, made numerous tackles and blocked crosses. If we can keep our starting 11 fit for the majority of the season we should definitely be looking at the top 5 possibly top 3. There's a good competition for places, good to see players coming in and stepping up like Bobbie tonight and Waters starting up front on Saturday. I wonder when we'll hear news of the loan centre back.
Shade
Somebody needs to inform whomever wrote this report that Cardiff are not a league above the league that Cheltenham will be playing in this season. They are three leagues above the league that Cheltenham will be playing in. But then it is the Echo, and hardly a surprise it's full of spelling and grammatical mistakes, and simple errors.

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CTFC_Forever
Have to say that the core players performed very well, above expectation, but do need to be able to cope with the work rate for 90 minutes, not 75-80.

Very hard to pick holes in a solid performance like GJ says, but I do disagree with his comments around the first half and second half. It is hard to sustain the level when there are so many changes and the game stops and starts.

The plus for me was that fact that Dale and Williams are starting to show that they will be more than adequate cover if we get injuries during the season.

They have pitched in with goals and have given GJ option with budget as they are most likely at the lower end of the wage scale.

Well done GJ and well done to the coaching staff on what is so far a brilliant preseason effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Old TomCat
I must admit that I've only watched two pre-season friendly and will say from what I've seen is that Cheltenham must be considered one of the favourites to be in the promotion zone in nine months.
The new team seem to be up for it and the crowd as usual are their 12th man.
Cheltenham played well and just as importantly, they played attractive football.
Unfortunate not to win.