Kidderminster

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
2-0 up already

Keith scoring the first
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
3-0 now. Puts paid to the ideas that Macclesfield could challenge the play-off contenders.
Alf
Pity that their results seem to be turning the corner when we have to play them on Tuesday.
May test us a bit more than they would a month ago.
Should be a decent game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Makes no difference - we should beat them and poor result if we don't.
Robin
Sets up the derby on Tuesday nicely, should be 3000+ in attendance.
Shade
Glad they won today. We've always been run enders, whether others have been winning or losing.
everyman
Shade wrote:Glad they won today. We've always been run enders, whether others have been winning or losing.
Ben Whitfield on loan from Bournemouth gave us problems at theirs,had 3 assists against Macc`s on sat.must be shackled ?
Robin
He was their stand out player but I think they need to be more worried about than we do about their only reasonably decent player.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Makes no difference - we should beat them and poor result if we don't.
Agree. It shouldn't matter that they've suddenly hit form in their last few games. We have been in form all season and are unbeaten in 19 games. No disrespect to Kiddy - and I know exceptional runs of results must end eventually - but we are surely favourites to win regardless. We really shouldn't have much to fear (fingers crossed!)
Malabus
If we don't score at least four against carpet heads it will be the biggest disappointment of the season for me.
Malabus
Tonight will see temperatures down to -7c. The coldest night of the winter so far. Covers will need to be laid.
Robin
Jeez please not another postponement.
Malabus
cheltsaxon
As long as sun comes out like today in the afternoon it will be fine.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Time to get the tenants round with the hair dryers.
Shade
The original and best; http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... 1455580800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No need to worry about Mal's predictions of the new Ice Age beginning. +4C but feeling like -1 by half time.
Johnsons Red Army
BBC, Met Office and MetCheck all singing from the same hymn sheet, GAME ON!
Robin
-7 tonight, I hope we have covers down and can find some heaters to warm up any turf that becomes frozen. We need this game on!!
Reliant Robin
We must not take Kiddy for granted. We didn't dominate them at Aggborough on Boxing Day, and as we know they've picked up a lot since then. I know a stoic Kiddy fan who travels home & away to support them and I asked him what had changed for them. He told me that they had only been getting beaten by the odd goal in games all season, and that scoring themselves had been their problem. This has now been resolved due to the signing of a big target man on loan from Barnsley (a young player) and three French midfielders and all 4 had clicked and are making the difference. One of the French midfielders however is now out for 6 weeks injured, although he didn't play on Saturday v Macclesfield, but Kiddy still had more than enough to see them off 3-1. They are a very different proposition to what we played in December.
Shade
And if we don't win tomorrow night, the FA Trophy/FA will get another verbal blasting that we weren't allowed to play them when they were still s#!t.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No one is taking anyone for granted.

However, as the team top of the league with the best goal difference we should expect to beat anyone at home.

If we don't win it is a poor result, end of.
Shade
I agree RCS, and it would be very disappointing not to take full advantage of our game in hand, but at the same time let's not get carried away if we don't win. Not every afternoon/night can be your afternoon/night, as we found out at Boreham Wood.

Watching the highlights on BT Sport last night, one thing really became clear, and that's just how much a cut above we look when we turn on the style and ping the short passes about. Hopefully we can do that and combine it with a finish or two in every game and I can't see us being beaten.
triggo
After the first quarter of an hour I was thinking we could actually do pretty well in the league above. Especially if we had a better surface to play on !!!!
Malabus
Shade wrote:Watching the highlights on BT Sport last night, one thing really became clear, and that's just how much a cut above we look when we turn on the style and ping the short passes about. Hopefully we can do that and combine it with a finish or two in every game and I can't see us being beaten.

The build up to the first goal at Barrow is a good example.
cheltsaxon
Let's not get carried away Boreham wood are pants, Eastleigh havent won in 9 games and lost four of the last 9! Macclesfield lost 4 of their last 7 winning once, those three teams are all average i would expect/hope we win quite convincingly tommorow 3-1. Get out the traps fast and hammer them!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be nice to knock in 4 or 5. Love to see DW and DH have a little bet to see who gets a hat trick first in the match.
Benctfc
Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing could be at least show them some respect there are no easy games in this league.
Robin
Benctfc wrote:Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing could be at least show them some respect there are no easy games in this league.
We are at home to our biggest rivals in this league and you want to be nice :roll:
Powelly
Pretty bloody frosty out there, hope the pitch is well protected.
Harriers9
How much is it to get in for away fans?

We were told by KHFC that it would be £16 for adults but it says £21 on your offy site. Which is it please?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The lower price I believe in keeping with VNL rules, which we stick to unlike Chester.
longmover
Nice and bright (in the town centre) at the moment, cant see this being postponed.
vickeryc
Although I expect us to win, I doubt this will be as easy as some suggest. I reckon 2-1.
Benctfc
Robin wrote:
Benctfc wrote:Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing could be at least show them some respect there are no easy games in this league.
We are at home to our biggest rivals in this league and you want to be nice :roll:
I get that Robin but people saying expecting us to score 5 goals or being dissapointed if we don't win by 4 goals is embarrassing. Comments like these have a habit of making people look silly come the end of the match. Thank god the players and GJ pay opposition teams the respect they deserve.
Alf
Benctfc wrote:
Robin wrote:
I get that Robin but people saying expecting us to score 5 goals or being dissapointed if we don't win by 4 goals is embarrassing. Comments like these have a habit of making people look silly come the end of the match. Thank god the players and GJ pay opposition teams the respect they deserve.
Agree with Benctfc.
Assuming that because a team is in a certain league position equates to the number of goals you are going to put past them, is laughable.
I hope we do stuff Kiddy but on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if this was one of our more difficult games this season.
Torquay v FGR is a good example of what happens if you underestimate a team based on their league position.
You can bet your life that GJ won't be expecting us to put five past them. He will be happy with three points.