Clean Sheet Charity Fund

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

alwaysarobin
For those of you who have heard my business Totally Xenca have been putting £10 into a charity pot for every clean sheet Dillon has kept since the Kidderminster game away on Boxing Day.
As Dillon's kit sponsor I thought this would a good way of building a bond between the club and a local charity, Dillon has said he would put £10 into the pot for every game he did not keep a clean sheet. However since his injury I have decided to carry on with putting £10 in the pot for every clean sheet the team keep and at the end of the season we will donate the money to a local charity.
If you know of a charity that is local then please let me know and we can add it to the list and the two of us will decide which will receive the money. As it stands http://www.totallyxenca.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are donating £70 and Dillon £40.
Get your thinking caps on and let us know who you think is a worthy cause.
Thanks
asl
Good stuff! Always nice to see.
Oldun
Prostate Cancer Charity....as Eliot Richards been affected by it?
alwaysarobin
Nice one mate :D
Shade
I thought Eliot had testicular cancer?
Oldun
Apologies! I think you are right Shade. But there must be charity associated with testicular cancer
Alternatively there is the Hollie Gazzard Trust....ex-player Mr Gazzard.

Both these would be relevant to the club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I would second the nomination for the Hollie Gazzard Trust or similar. These charities fund vital community services which the current Government has slashed funding for so the money makes a real difference, and they have a lot fewer donations than cancer charities or other high profile causes.
Malabus
RCS is spot on. Local community charities must be the first option.
Shade
I would agree, if that helps with your decision!
ctfc-fan
CCP in Cheltenham are brilliant and very deserving.

They work with people of all ages and help children who have been thrown out of home, often for no reason, and those that have never been outside the town (yes hard to believe I know).

Very, very deserving charity.
London Exile
Nick Gazzard and his family had a stand for the Hollie Gazzard Trust at the open day at seasons in the summer

A tough decision as there are so many deserving local charities it's hard to choose. Perhaps put them all in a hat and draw one out.
Can I ask how you are collecting always a robin, I'd be happy to make a little donation
alwaysarobin
Thanks for all the suggestions and we will look at each individual one and may pop them all in a hat and see what happens. London Exile what I am doing is donating £10 from my business for every clean sheet the team sheet.
I have only mentioned this on twitter as i did not want it to seem as though it was an advertising thing, I just felt after meeting Dillon and after his loan period was extended i thought it would be one way of building a small bond between the players, supporters and local community.
The business is health, beauty and nutrition based and we have a lot of top professional sports people using the products and this seems a small way of giving some of the locally generated profit into a local charity with the added "fun" of the cleansheet challenge.
London Exile
Well it's a cracking idea and fair play to you and Dillon
alwaysarobin
It was great to be able to hand over a cheque for £160 from totallyxenca.com and Dillon Phillips from the #cleansheet fund to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation on Saturday before the game against Lincoln. A young supporter of the Robins has a rare condition which means he has type 1 Diabetes and this money will go to towards researching the causes and treatments of this condition.
I would like to thank Dillon Phillips for his contribution to the fund and for taking part in the challenge. :D
Taz1985
And I thank you for the donation.

Very much appreciated.