SCOREBOARD AGAIN ,,,,,,

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ladyrobin
OK I know this will irritate many CTFC fans but during the closed season, can we please find a sponsor for the scoreboard. What about the racecourse, they could advertise all their meetings and the activities at the Centaur. What about the new John Lewis? Anyone? At least can we ask please?
Thank you.
:)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Should have got the squatters to buy one as part of their terms.
bcrobin
In an ideal world, yes it would be nice to have one. But realistically I would want any money available plowed into the playing budget. I think the cost out weights the benefit, i.e. the revenue raised through adverts would not cover the cost in the first year. Also do people really struggle that much to remember the score, team sheets etc can easily be found on a smart phone and even most of our older supporters seem to have one of those.

On the other hand if we had a jumbotron Tv for healers highlights ....................... :) :) :)
horlickfanclub
I have not got a smartphone. Can somebody donate £15,000 pounds to me so I can buy a few for anyone else who needs one.
bcrobin
horlickfanclub wrote:I have not got a smartphone. Can somebody donate £15,000 pounds to me so I can buy a few for anyone else who needs one.
Well that might be a cheaper option, they could even be branded with CTFC logos and have pre installed apps for Sir Gary's lateset messages etc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ralph
Never been fussed about a scoreboard. It's not difficult to remember the score and i want to watch the game. Money should go into the playing budget and the pitch this season
Johnsons Red Army
I'm in the pro-scoreboard camp. I'll even go as far as saying I specifically joined the 500 club in the hope my money contributed towards buying one.
Oldun
Agree with those above who want money spent on players not on somewhat superficial dressing up of the ground. The scoreboard is a cosmetic that we don't need. Players we do!!!!
Malabus
A scoreboard does make a stadium a little more complete. It's such a pity Gloucester broke the last one.
#GloucesterCityOut
Reliant Robin
We could borrow one of those big manual cricket scoreboards as they must be available out of season, suitably adapted?

We'd need couple of volunteers to keep hanging up the numbers when the score changes? They could also flash up the 50/50 and 500 Club numbers, the minutes the 4th official adds on, half time scores elsewhere, and registrations of cars that fans keep getting told to return to for whatever reason ;)
everyman
Reliant Robin wrote:We could borrow one of those big manual cricket scoreboards as they must be available out of season, suitably adapted?

We'd need couple of volunteers to keep hanging up the numbers when the score changes? They could also flash up the 50/50 and 500 Club numbers, the minutes the 4th official adds on, half time scores elsewhere, and registrations of cars that fans keep getting told to return to for whatever reason ;)
Not the electronic one from the College used during the festival,it was off more than on !
shevates
Just wanted to clear up a few things regarding the scoreboard issue again. The 500 club at the time and with us in a position that we believed relegation was a possibility from the football league which of course happened we felt to spend 28 grand on a project like that would be a total disaster, as there was no guarantee that we would bounce straight back up. If we had not achieved promotion at the first attempt we would of possibly wasted a vast amount of money and our massive scoreboard would of been a white elephant based at a club in free fall.
Instead we invested in the clubhouse and the money we have invested in there is working and that is being shown with profits being produced. The scoreboard was not just a scoreboard that part was a trivial part of the plan, if you can't remember the score then something's wrong lol it was mainly wanted for advertising. NOW that we are back in the league I believe a scoreboard like what the club wanted is viable but the 500 club do not have the finances what so ever to finance that sort of project.
What the board and John Finners should be looking for is a major sponsor to finance the project and then for us to sell advertising. Boards around the ground is a thing of the past I believe if you're a football league club going forward which I believe we are. Finally I had a meeting the other day, and Colin Farmer is on the look out for a major backer to finance the project, so hopefully the project isn't dead.
theidlerich
Reliant Robin wrote:
We could borrow one of those big manual cricket scoreboards as they must be available out of season, suitably adapted?

Not the electronic one from the College used during the festival,it was off more than on !

..........very true! Also you couldn't see the numbers as the colours were badly selected. The 'old hand/rope' one manned by the students was fun.... well more of a joke really as they couldn't count or keep pace with events.
I'm in the would like a scoreboard camp; but CTFC should try and endeavour to find a major sponsor. Hopefully the feelers put out by the Trust may bear fruit.
Joey
FGS

Is that hard to keep a track of time and the score yourself!?!?!?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joey wrote:FGS

Been easy to forget this season whether we have been 4-0 or 5-0 up.
ctfc-fan
Shevates,

What sort of price is a scoreboard then, 28k.
Ladyrobin
For those of you who believe I want a board just for the score, my memory has not yet diminished to the effect that I forget the score.
I can only reiterate my previous comments that it is an enhancement which could earn the club revenue through advertisement.
It also indicates a club going forward.
I ask again that the commercial department consider the option of sponsorship for the purchase and then seek advertisers for revenue. This could, with some effort of course, give us a board at zero cost to the club.
Cheers.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Joey wrote:FGS

Been easy to forget this season whether we have been 4-0 or 5-0 up.
And I'm pretty sure Jim Haggin got a bit lost on Saturday as he said "The fourth goalscorer for the Robins...number 30, Dan Holman!"
Johnsons Red Army
https://youtu.be/q2LZmOIWLbE?t=4m54s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Can we buy a boom stand so we can hear the interviews.
Johnsons Red Army
horlickfanclub wrote:Can we buy a boom stand so we can hear the interviews.
Yep, I always have to turn my volume up to max volume to hear their videos on YouTube.