My View on the Season from afar

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

goalpost
First of all, I was really pleased to see Gary stay as manager at the end of last season and delighted at the signings that he had made and how quickly he had made them. I was really pleased when Harry Pell signed for the club, as I thought he was excellent when Cheltenham play Hereford in the FA Cup match a few seasons ago.

I follow the team from my home in Scotland, through this forum, Twitter, the local paper, the website and on you tube. I noticed the camaraderie and the positivity of the players and manager from the start and despite the fact that Forest Green were the early pace setters, from what I saw and read, I knew that Gary was doing a fantastic job with a new set of players and keeping his press conferences as relaxed as possible and during this time the comments from supporters and players about the bonding between both was increasing. The end of match celebrations were a great way for everyone involved with the club to show that Everyone was in this together.

The video's of the players and how they were bonding were brilliant and showed how relaxed the players were despite the pressure of having to try and get the club back into the league at the first time of asking. Loanee's came into the club and seemed to integrate from day one and believe in Gary's plans ( his brother must take a lot of credit for that ).

As the season reached a finale and we got to the squeaky bum stage where we struggled for a point let alone three, the supporters, the players and the management stuck together and watched as other teams decided they didn't want to take advantage of The Robins downfall.

So it went to the final few weeks and Cheltenham piled on the pressure and finally crossed the finishing line with 4 games to spare. It's been a fantastic season for everyone involved and my biggest regret, was not being able to attend any of the matches to support the team and get the chance to watch these youngsters and Aaron gain the points to make this one of the best seasons yet for Cheltenham Town.

Enjoy the Summer guys
little mo
Good post Goalpost. Maybe we should have a pre- season tour to Scotland. Would that be a first for us, it would be different from the normal pre- season anyway.