1 year contracts.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
With many of our squad on such deals we must be careful that we avoid the situation Accrington find themselves in now,losing two players to pre-contract deals in Jan.,and fighting for compensation they think they they are owed ?
paperboy
A one year deal with an option for a second,perhaps based on appearances, seems a popular way to go.

No club is going to get it right all the time.
Imagine if we had signed Matt Taylor,who was seen as a major coup at the time, on a two year deal.
Robin
Only Holman has a deal beyond this season however all league two clubs run the risk of higher clubs coming in for their players and what happens if we are promoted to league one, surely we would want to release a few then anyway?
Fuller
paperboy wrote:A one year deal with an option for a second,perhaps based on appearances, seems a popular way to go.

No club is going to get it right all the time.
Imagine if we had signed Matt Taylor,who was seen as a major coup at the time, on a two year deal.
Matt Taylor was on a two year contract.

GJ put him on the list and luckily for us Newport County took him off our hands. Last heard of playing for Bath I believe.
DingDing
Robin wrote:Only Holman has a deal beyond this season however all league two clubs run the risk of higher clubs coming in for their players and what happens if we are promoted to league one, surely we would want to release a few then anyway?
When was it confirmed that Holman has a deal beyond this season? I think I must have missed it.
Robin
I don't believe anything was ever put in the public domain but I have heard all deals were one year with the exception of Holman due to his potential worth to the club.