just my thoughts

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
Keeper looked good but didnt come under aerial pressure

O'Shaughnessy need Aaron next to him to tell him when to go and when to stay
He can pass and dribble but was ball watching and wanderred out of position - but with experience will be a good player
Jennings or Cranston neither the answer
Storer looked good but why waste time on him hes let everyone down
Whitehead looked impressive
Dayts needs to stay fit
Pell needs to get a grip as he will be suspended before Storer finishes his ban

I assume we will not face teams of the ability of City or Barnsley

I think there needs to be a vast improvement and several players ( preferably experienced ) coming in
Benctfc
Blimey bit ott and negative. I thought it was a big set up on last weeks performance and progress is being made. Unlike you I thought O'Shaughnessy played well. Dayton and Holman continue to looks sharp and will have very good seasons imo. I liked the look of Whitehead when he came on quick and neat and tidy on the ball much better than Hall who was lacklustre tonight and may have lost his starting place. The keeper could have done better with the goals I would still like to see Flatt come back if that's an option knows the players and can fit straight in. My team based on preseason so far would be.
New GK
Bathram
New CB
O'Shaughnessy
Parslow
Jennings
Pell
Whitehead
Dayton
Holman
Wright
Rulistening
Couldnt make the game, how did the GK for us perform tonight? I know he was "loaned" to us by bristol city before they sign him, but apparently he might be an option for us. Also whats scott brown up to these days?
vickeryc
Benctfc wrote:Blimey bit ott and negative. I thought it was a big set up on last weeks performance and progress is being made. Unlike you I thought O'Shaughnessy played well. Dayton and Holman continue to looks sharp and will have very good seasons imo. I liked the look of Whitehead when he came on quick and neat and tidy on the ball much better than Hall who was lacklustre tonight and may have lost his starting place. The keeper could have done better with the goals I would still like to see Flatt come back if that's an option knows the players and can fit straight in. My team based on preseason so far would be.
New GK
Bathram
New CB
O'Shaughnessy
Parslow
Jennings
Pell
Whitehead
Dayton
Holman
Wright
Good assessment- I agree with pretty much all of that.
Robin
Out of interest were Bristol City any better or worse than Barnsley? I see the score was much closer last night although I thought we acquitted ourselves well against a very good Barnsley team.

As that is the only pre-season game I've gone too I did like the look of O'Shaugnessy, I'm hearing from others that Parslow is having a tough few games (a little worrying with current numbers) and that Holman is being scouted by higher league clubs.
Nesty
will we pay the price for putting too many eggs in the Phillips / Dickie baskets ? to my mind attention should have turned to alternatives weeks ago. I assume GJ has plan B's?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:will we pay the price for putting too many eggs in the Phillips / Dickie baskets ? to my mind attention should have turned to alternatives weeks ago. I assume GJ has plan B's?
Bookie?

Am sure there will be news early next week.
Artemis
Well, he did OK when Dillon was crocked, and quickly too, with the signing of Flatty. The challenge GJ has now is that clubs don't have their squads finalised - as we're seeing with Dillon and Charlton. So perhaps we'll see an experienced keeper come in on a permanent, one season deal.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The better of the two FGR keepers (who was inexplicably dropped by by the pennock later in the season) would be good to poach on a permanent deal.
paperboy
.. sorry guys,but we're after a cheap loanee and can't afford to get an experienced keeper in permanently.

I expect we'll get the Bristol City lad on an initial months loan and go from there.