Geordie in Peace

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

The Fish
Morning Lads,

Just popping by to get some insight from the visitors.

What style of football do you play, What are you ambitions for your league campaign (and how will that affect the approach to the cup game) who're your best players, how many fans you expect to bring up North and all that? I just googled the journey, Christ on a bike that's a trek! Especially for a midweek game.

Have to admit I'm not sure there'll be a massive crowd tonight, despite the cheap tickets. Guarantee the atmosphere will be pants unless Mitrovic gets us going. Combination of relatively small numbers, mostly kids and families, focus on the league and being bitten too often by previous managers' approach to the Cup competitions.

If you want food/pub/parking/travel recommendations let me know.

Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season

The Fish
Malabus
Brazilian style attacking soccer - you have no chance.
Our style is renowned in global soccer as 'sexy'.
I'll expect we will get beaten 5-1.
robinsrule
We'll bring about 500 tonight, ours fans are not great travellers unfortunately.... always an excuse not to go! That said I'd imagine we'll make some noise, especially if we have something to celebrate.

We tend to play better football against the bigger teams who allow us to play, though you can still definitely expect plenty of long balls punted up to the our strikers!

Not expecting a positive result tonight though you never know.... It'll be a great experience for our players and fans and a decent pay day for us whatever the result.
Shade
I'm just hoping Saturday's non-performance, our worst since we were relegated imo, was because the players allowed today to play on their minds. Hopefully a much better showing, we pass the ball around as well as we can and Dayton's on fire. If that happens we might have a chance, given Newcastle will no doubt rest a few. Play like we did on Saturday and Mal's 5-1 looks generous, as I can't see us scoring!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be nice to see 25,000+ there. I know Derby away has sold out, so the Toon Army are showing good support.

I have already provided more than enough quality pub and food advice.
Artemis
RCS, you've provided more than enough pub and food advice.
Let those who follow it decide the quality. ;)
The Fish
I'd be surprised if there were 25k there tonight. As I mentioned earlier quite a few will stay away because the club hasn't taken the cups seriously in years. Hopefully Rafa is changing that, but it might take a round or two to convince the fans.

Rafa's been rotating the squad quite a bit and I'd imagine we'll see the same happen tonight. Mitrovic is definitely going to play. I'd expect Perez, Shelvey and Dummett to start, but after that, your guess is as good as mine.