Most weeks

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
You come on here most weeks and Malabus and one or 2 others are going on about the ref but not a mention today
That usually means that the ref was half decent

Yesterdays was a shocker
Wrighty Pell and Downes all booked cant remember if any others got booked
Ref ignored booking a county player until it appeared that Cranston said why havent you booked him and sure enough ref then books the county player
Just before half time county player goes through someone from behind - did he get booked nope not even a talking to
How did the ref manage not to send someone off
Giving what appeared to be an offside free kick to CTFC in the Countys half was a new one on me
Players being booked for little more than a tackle but totally missed simulation, leading with arm or elbow
How did our captain get his head injury ?

The only thing I can say was he was as bad against them as he was us

Obviously trying to get his card score up bu I hope the assessor gave him 1
At least he did not make any match changing decisions he just went for our bad boys from last season
theidlerich
Interesting observation. At first I felt the ref was trying to put his mark on the game - yellows for "verbalising" [totally agree with this!]; niggly fouls [sort of 'cut it out message']; but they became more bizarre. Not helped by the indifferent lino tramping the S&B stand side. Wish their card scores were made public :).
The sooner the refs are given the opportunity to stop arguments and talk-backs [as in rugby....[sorry to mention this silly game; but they have a better ref control!]; move the kick further on 10m if challenged and allowed to take a free kick instantly we will continue to see poor control, by players and refs!
Shade
I think it wasn't talked about before is because it's just standard now for refs to be appalling. When/if we get a decent one we will sing his praises. Until then, just assume he's been useless.

As mentioned, he was pretty much as bad for County and he was for us, which at least makes it slightly more tolerable than usual. What really gets me though is when the lino's are as useless as the ref. You'd think if the ref missed fouls or who the ball came off last then the second pair of eyes would get it, but it never happens.
Shade
Ben2 wrote:He was equally bad for both sides but that was a penalty on Wright. That is more important than silly bookings etc

At the end (I was pitch-side and saw this happen) the Notts County manager took it upon himself to come out of his box, make a beeline for Gary, and start shouting at him and tell him he didn't want to shake hands. To do with some decision or other, and earlier on the ref had threatened to send off NC manager. Gary looked a bit nonplussed when at first confronted but then gave it back and there was a bit of macho posturing. (I was semi-restrained by someone as my first impulse was to get involved but my fly-kick skills are a bit out of date. It genuinely put my hackles up though as it was completely unwarranted when you've just won!)
:lol:

I did notice something going on over there but missed what it was. Sheridan was a tool all match, getting all bent out of shape for throw-ins being given against his team and what not, as if they were the only ones not getting decisions. Ref should have sent him to the stands when the 4th called him over to speak to him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sheridan has had it in for us ever since was sent off for Oldam when we beat them in the FA Cup Third Round in 2002. I can still picture the incident and he was not happy, not helped by the taunting from the crowd as he trudged off.