Scoreboard project

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:But you two consenting adults would not have been able to get married in those less enlightened times
Mal hoping those times come again.
paperboy
Apologies if I've missed this somewhere ,but do we know the potential time-line should everything go to plan?
confused.com
paperboy wrote:Apologies if I've missed this somewhere ,but do we know the potential time-line should everything go to plan?
Of the wedding ? Not sure :)
Johnsons Red Army
paperboy wrote:Apologies if I've missed this somewhere ,but do we know the potential time-line should everything go to plan?
"If we're successful we intend to complete the purchase of the scoreboard in December and begin the installation in the new year. We'll make sure our supporters are fully updated on its progress because these timescales may move for logistical reasons."

Source: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/scoreboard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? (near the bottom)
Nesty
apologies if it has been mentioned but are the 500 club involved in the funding?
CTFC500Club
OK I was waiting for Shevates to comment but as its now been mentioned a couple of times:

After the first scoreboard had broken, the 500 Club were involved in looking into a scoreboard replacement originally and had set aside some funds ready for this. However last season we found ourselves in the Vanarama Conference and a scoreboard of this size was therefore deemed not really a priority so the funds then went towards the following:

A total of £26,708 was donated to CTFC during 2015 for the following projects:
- £14,983 for the total renovation of the Robins Nest Bar (including new carpets, ceiling tiles,
seating and blinds, as well as plastering, plumbing and carpentry work to create a new bar)
- £11,550 towards a replacement tractor and subsequent repairs to the blade cassette
- £175 for a new tumble drier for drying players’ kit

I have asked Shevates about a possible donation but it depends if any of the other existing funds have already been earmarked for other projects so will come back about this as soon as he lets me know.

Andy

PS: I will also try to find time to update the 500 club website amongst my job hunting / interviews and other priorities.
Johnsons Red Army
If it means anything, I joined the 500 club with the hope that my money would be used to fund a scoreboard, as posted previously: http://robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 81#p242681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

I do, of course, understand the importance and value in the other projects that my money has helped fund.
CTFC500Club
We appreciate that JRA and the intention was originally to help with the funding for that but as Shevates says in his post a few after yours, the funds were used elsewhere at the time as it was felt it was money better spent on the other projects because of our position at that time in non league football.

The 500 Club will always try working with the club on projects such as this but we also cannot sit on the money when other things also need doing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC500Club wrote:OK I was waiting for Shevates to comment but as its now been mentioned a couple of times:

After the first scoreboard had broken, the 500 Club were involved in looking into a scoreboard replacement originally and had set aside some funds ready for this. However last season we found ourselves in the Vanarama Conference and a scoreboard of this size was therefore deemed not really a priority so the funds then went towards the following:

- £14,983 for the total renovation of the Robins Nest Bar (including new carpets, ceiling tiles,
seating and blinds, as well as plastering, plumbing and carpentry work to create a new bar)
- £11,550 towards a replacement tractor and subsequent repairs to the blade cassette

I have asked Shevates about a possible donation but it depends if any of the other existing funds have already been earmarked for other projects so will come back about this as soon as he lets me know.

Andy

PS: I will also try to find time to update the 500 club website amongst my job hunting / interviews and other priorities.
Thanks for that update and info. Good to hear and keep up the great work.

On the topic of the Club Bar, have the Club or anyone crunched any numbers to see if visitors/sales/takings have increased since the work was done?
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
CTFC500Club wrote:OK I was waiting for Shevates to comment but as its now been mentioned a couple of times:

Andy

Thanks for that update and info. Good to hear and keep up the great work.

On the topic of the Club Bar, have the Club or anyone crunched any numbers to see if visitors/sales/takings have increased since the work was done?
What about the players photo`s that were supposed to be on the wall?
CTFC500Club
RCS - I don't know about any figures but Shevates did comment this previously: "Instead we invested in the clubhouse and the money we have invested in there is working and that is being shown with profits being produced"

Everyman - sorry I don't know anything about that but if I get to see Shevates at the next home game I will ask him (or if he sees this first he may comment).

Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC500Club wrote:RCS - I don't know about any figures but Shevates did comment this previously: "Instead we invested in the clubhouse and the money we have invested in there is working and that is being shown with profits being produced"

Everyman - sorry I don't know anything about that but if I get to see Shevates at the next home game I will ask him (or if he sees this first he may comment).

Andy
Great thanks. I have certainly been in more this season and last than in about the last 5-10 years combined!
Shade
I think it shows what a special bunch of players we've had at the club when the likes of Finners and McCann give up their surely treasured memorabilia in order to help the club out. Reading earlier what Grant said nearly brought a tear to my eye...:P
Great move by the Trust as well to buy as a donation Finners medals to display at the ground.
Johnsons Red Army
Bumping to the top.

Currently at 57% of the way to the target.
Nesty
will Mad Dog Allen donate his bike ?
confused.com
Also good to see we are going for quality this time. The ADI.TV they use at the racecourse is crystal clear and seems to wok in all weathers
Nesty
seems to be slowing down -
Johnsons Red Army
Nesty wrote:seems to be slowing down -
Hopefully it will be promoted somehow at the home games. Whether this be by displaying posters or by making tannoy announcements, or both, I'm not sure, but hopefully something will be said/done to promote the cause.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:seems to be slowing down -
Inevitable.
confused.com
If the forecast on turnover is anywhere near accurate, you would think that (given we have £31k raised already),no matter how short we are of the final total come December 5th. It would be in the clubs interest, in these days of cheap money, to put it whatever is needed to round it up to the required total. If we got to even £40k, it would seem a logical business move ??
Johnsons Red Army
confused.com wrote:If the forecast on turnover is anywhere near accurate, you would think that (given we have £31k raised already),no matter how short we are of the final total come December 5th. It would be in the clubs interest, in these days of cheap money, to put it whatever is needed to round it up to the required total. If we got to even £40k, it would seem a logical business move ??
Makes perfect business-sense to me, especially given the amount of revenue the scoreboard is forecast to rake in each year.
kora
Just did my bit and the £k33 has been broken, keep going folks, we can do this.
andgarod
No obvious link on the OS unless you read the various articles
It needs to be kept front and centre

Local businesses need to step in
One local branch of a national chain said 1 they had stopped all these sort of things for this year but had never been approached by the club inspite of them having been a sponsor a few years back. They will have share of £25M next year for sponsorships
Im surprised that superdry have not bought into it

T
Nesty
I wonder if the racecourse have been contacted
ctfc-fan
John Finnegan is actively promoting to businesses on Facebook
everyman
confused.com wrote:If the forecast on turnover is anywhere near accurate, you would think that (given we have £31k raised already),no matter how short we are of the final total come December 5th. It would be in the clubs interest, in these days of cheap money, to put it whatever is needed to round it up to the required total. If we got to even £40k, it would seem a logical business move ??
It probably depends on the F.A.C.,If we progress to round 3 we will have enough to top up the fund.
Robin
Don't we get £20k for winning the first round tie plus a 40% share of gate revenue? Obviously that all can't go on the scoreboard but you know what I mean.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Plus the Checkatrade prize money we have earned to date.
Johnsons Red Army
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Plus the Checkatrade prize money we have earned to date.
Was thinking the same thing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:Now Yeates has thrown his weight behind it I'm sure the total will be reached shortly. In fact, if we hadn't sacked him I reckon we would have broken the target already
Yeates of garage and clock fame? Or do you mean former player and manager Yates?
andgarod
£19500 left to go and 20 days

£1000/day

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/scoreboard/backers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Reliant Robin
I was always a very vocal supporter of Mark Yates in his time here as Manager and I am delighted to see that Mark has very generously donated to help the Club with the Scoreboard fund. It speaks volumes about Mark Yates as a person and also what the Club meant to him. And Scotty Brown too, of course, with another very generous donation. We've been lucky to have had some very special people here at Cheeltenham Town over the years.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
About time Gloucester City put in to the kitty.

£15k donation and they can play at WR for two games at the start of next season if they're ground is not ready sounds a fair deal.
everyman
Robin wrote:Don't we get £20k for winning the first round tie plus a 40% share of gate revenue? Obviously that all can't go on the scoreboard but you know what I mean.
I think it`s £18,000 for tonight and £27,000 to win 2nd.round.
paperboy
Given the unbudgeted for money we have earnt so far the pressure will be on the club to top up any shortfall in sponsorship.
That said it has always been well down their list in terms of shelling out their own money and we could well hear .... "we need to help the manager as much as possible with the playing budget etc." Hopefully not, because they have played that card many times now.