Move or worth their place?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Choose one:

No - it adds to the quality and depth of debate
73%
Yes - it detracts from the quality and depth of debate
27%

Total votes: 22
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Should click-bait advertising deliberately OTT tosh like the Echo poll and other irrelevant non-news be moved into a different section of the forum?
asl
A link to an Echo story is clearly a link to an Echo story. If you don't want to read them, don't click on them - if anything comes of the story, it will become common knowledge and details available elsewhere soon enough. The Echo reps who frequent this board have every right to pedal their wares.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:A link to an Echo story is clearly a link to an Echo story. If you don't want to read them, don't click on them - if anything comes of the story, it will become common knowledge and details available elsewhere soon enough. The Echo reps who frequent this board have every right to pedal their wares.
Recently I have seen complaints about Echo links expressed by fans on social media, including this forum.

When there is a lot of chatter like this, I feel it is the duty of fans for someone to be running this poll.
Ralph
only one i've seen is... you
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:only one i've seen is... you
I believe Ben2 has been the main instigator this season, and others have complained about adverts on the site, and 'non-stories' about signings etc this season.

Maybe you missed those.
Daveangel
asl wrote:A link to an Echo story is clearly a link to an Echo story. If you don't want to read them, don't click on them - if anything comes of the story, it will become common knowledge and details available elsewhere soon enough. The Echo reps who frequent this board have every right to pedal their wares.
Exactly that. We had one or two complain about it on the COF but the majority (which is a similar number of posters to the RN before some wag starts) just use common sense and don't click on them if they don't want to see them.

When you have to use Ben10's posts to justify your opinion you know you're fighting a losing battle! :shock:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don't click on them. The articles per se don't bother me. Just sad to see the forum front page always full of empty threads with nothing other than a truncated link in and no conversation. A forum is about conversation, discussion, debate, opinions, stories and banter. If it just becomes a a website with none of those things and just a list of links and empty threads then it's no longer a forum and has no community.
Shade
Well, just like the US Presidential vote, the majority have spoken. Hopefully the losing side will graciously accept the result...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Well, just like the US Presidential vote, the majority have spoken. Hopefully the losing side will graciously accept the result...
Indeed, I shall accept the result. Like aforementioned Presidential election, it seems like the vacuous souls who'd rather be spoon-fed tat and nonsense than do any novel thinking or discussion themselves have prevailed.
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Well, just like the US Presidential vote, the majority have spoken. Hopefully the losing side will graciously accept the result...
Indeed, I shall accept the result. Like aforementioned Presidential election, it seems like the vacuous souls who'd rather be spoon-fed tat and nonsense than do any novel thinking or discussion themselves have prevailed.
The two are not mutually exclusive.
Tat and nonsense are available in newsagents up and down the land, together with plenty of novel thinking and opinion, all on the same shelves. It doesn't mean you have to buy both.....
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I don't click on them. The articles per se don't bother me. Just sad to see the forum front page always full of empty threads with nothing other than a truncated link in and no conversation. A forum is about conversation, discussion, debate, opinions, stories and banter. If it just becomes a a website with none of those things and just a list of links and empty threads then it's no longer a forum and has no community.
I think the almost constant campaigns to have GCAFC evicted have seen to that...not news and information that the Echo sometimes provides.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I don't click on them. The articles per se don't bother me. Just sad to see the forum front page always full of empty threads with nothing other than a truncated link in and no conversation. A forum is about conversation, discussion, debate, opinions, stories and banter. If it just becomes a a website with none of those things and just a list of links and empty threads then it's no longer a forum and has no community.
I think the almost constant campaigns to have GCAFC evicted have seen to that...not news and information that the Echo sometimes provides.
Perhaps. After seven years of passionate support stopping, or even reducing the activity of the popular campaign is likely to difficult, even for the original campaign initiators and coordinators (bless their souls).
leohoenig
I thought the majority voted for the losing side in the USA
theidlerich
Leo's ..."I thought the majority voted for the losing side in the USA" is correct and in fact likeley to be more after recounts that may be undertaken. Here in our referendum the public was bombarded by the right wing press and Tory politicians [sorry can't call the demented UKIPians politicians] with lies, deceit and untruths - correct and accurate facts about the EU were rather hard to find.
..thought the poll was an interesting and revealing judgement on CTFC players in their current 'dire' situation. Like many on here I advocated new signings recognising many would not be up to Lg2 - sorry to say proved correct!
joes dad
Love it.... Now we know why your called the "Bitter" Left
horlickfanclub
I cannot remember the last time i saw anyone leftwing ..............or right wing at Whaddon Road.