Gary Johnson

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
I make a plea to all Cheltenham supporters to support the manager and give him, the staff and the players the loyalty and support they deserve.

A massive win, and whilst there is a lot to be done, we have the foundations in place to allow us to do so.
Robin
Other than one troll I haven't seen anyone not supporting Gary to be fair Hubert.
Rulistening
Robin wrote:Other than one troll I haven't seen anyone not supporting Gary to be fair Hubert.
This, most posts ive seen have had a moan at johnson for not signing anyone in the summer (myself included) but we still know he is the best man for the job. I still stand by the talks of a contract extension during the run of losses was poor timing though.
Nesty
Hubert Parry wrote:I make a plea to all Cheltenham supporters to support the manager and give him, the staff and the players the loyalty and support they deserve.

A massive win, and whilst there is a lot to be done, we have the foundations in place to allow us to do so.
funny thing is haad we lost today I think your plea would have fallen on deaf ears to an extent , but on the back of the win I for one whole heartedly adree
Ralph
Gary is the right one to sort this out. Onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:I make a plea to all Cheltenham supporters to support the manager and give him, the staff and the players the loyalty and support they deserve.

funny thing is haad we lost today I think your plea would have fallen on deaf ears to an extent , but on the back of the win I for one whole heartedly adree
Quite fickle to base it on one win. Going to be on the manager's back again next week if we don't win?

As HP says, we are Cheltenham, and to climb the table the fans need to support the players and manager. We are at our best when fans and team are united and fighting to the end. Boos, groans and abuse at the grounds and negativity on social media slagging off players and manager is the opposite of what is needed.

The players (Champions who saved the club) and Gary know what needs to be done and are honest enough to know what changes have to happen. They want to succeed. We want them to succeed. Let's support them and the new signings who replace some of them and not undermine them.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Quite fickle to base it on one win. Going to be on the manager's back again next week if we don't win?

As HP says, we are Cheltenham, and to climb the table the fans need to support the players and manager. We are at our best when fans and team are united and fighting to the end. Boos, groans and abuse at the grounds and negativity on social media slagging off players and manager is the opposite of what is needed.

The players (Champions who saved the club) and Gary know what needs to be done and are honest enough to know what changes have to happen. They want to succeed. We want them to succeed. Let's support them and the new signings who replace some of them and not undermine them.
Absolutely.
asl
Johnson has my backing. Yes, I think he failed to strengthen during the summer - but I'm confident January will get us back on track. There is nobody else realistically available who might do a better job - and *certainly* nobody I'd take a chance on.
Reliant Robin

Well said Hubert, this is vital. Although we have not seen a swell of dissent we, like most Clubs, have a few fickle fans who can't take losing and start the negativity that erodes player confidence when those fans start getting on players' backs. We witnessed how corrosive that is during the 2014/15 season and we definitely don't want that again. And therefore I endorse the comment that the Manager, the Staff and the Players deserve our loyal support.