Former Swansea City midfielder

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
In reserve team today: http://bit.ly/TrialistIs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
I would not be surprised if we sign a central midfielder so maybe if he's decent this could come to something. That said, quality target man and centre half must surely be the priority.
Beentheredonethat
At risk of beginning to bore all readers........ in terms of priority.......

1. Centre back

2. Left Back

3. Striker
horlickfanclub
He has been at Sutton Utd.
Robin
I'd imagine it's more like this:
1) Striker
2) Centre half
3) Right back
4) Midfielder
5) Left back.
Beentheredonethat
We have to stop conceding goals and so first task is to find centre back with bit of pace.
Then aligned to that we need to stop giving opposition complete freedom to attack on our defensive left. Current left back cannot tackle, head or mark. He is targeted by all other sides that play us.
Then yes a striker, though not first priority because we have managed to find the odd goal or two so not completely useless there
Yes I'd happily find a good right back, (which may mean Rob goes into 5 at back?)
Then midfield
First two above are the absolute basic bottom line necessity!
Robin
We are not scoring either though nor look like scoring enough for me. Give us a big target man and that player also helps us at set pieces against big players something we have struggled with all season.

I agree about the centre half but for me we need power back there to deal with a target man, we have the pace with Dickie but we struggle when up against a powerful forward see the Cambridge game.

Cranston isn't great but we can live with him if we get the striker and centre half right.
Del Boy
So, we need a striker, three defenders and a couple of midfielders. Oh, and the goalies not good enough.

But don't dare criticise the manager.
Ralph
Del Boy wrote:So, we need a striker, three defenders and a couple of midfielders. Oh, and the goalies not good enough.

But don't dare criticise the manager.
Pretty much.. yes
Artemis
We have a decent right (wing) back in Bartram. Just can't fathom why Gary doesn't play him. That would mean Dickie in a back three with Oshock and one of Downes and Parslow. Left (wing) back is the problem.
Shade
It seems obvious, from Gary's recent comments, that he's not happy with Barthram's fitness. He said neither he nor AMS are fit enough to play 90 minutes, and this comes a couple of weeks after he said that some players in the squad look after themselves better than others. AMS has a good reason not to be fully fit with all the injuries he's had, but I guess he thinks maybe JB eats the wrong things or doesn't put in the extra effort on the training ground?