GJ set to raid Bristol City in January

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
But which players will be arriving on loan? http://bit.ly/JanuaryLoans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
I await the 'if they are good enough they are old enough' retort. However most of these look like they would need a note from their Mothers to be allowed to get the train to Cheltenham
Robin
Looking at that list of potential signings very few strike me as what we need. Essentially a 23 year old French target man who is currently warming the bench at Plymouth and an experienced defender who appears to be on high wages look the best options. Some of the others seem huge gambles and as Confused states look like young kids rather than ready for the physical side of league two. That said, the lad who has been on loan at Accrington may be a realistic signing but again doesn't strike me as what we need now other than cover/competition.
Del Boy
It seems the manager hasn't got as many contacts as first thought. I don't know how anyone can be confident of avoiding relegation.

Hopefully we can sign what's required from somewhere.
Robin
Meanwhile, another club down in the relegation scrap signs the sort of player we need on a free transfer:
http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/2016- ... 81713.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Del Boy wrote:It seems the manager hasn't got as many contacts as first thought.
What on earth makes you think that? One article from the local rag that says 'here are 5 players GJ might get from his son'? It's hardly a fact based article, just speculation based on the idea that we'd get a better deal on loan players from City due to GJ's son being manager, that's all.

Before we go believing everything the Echo prints, let's just remember their recent track record of saying who we're going to be signing before anything has been announced by the club.
andgarod
Robin wrote:Meanwhile, another club down in the relegation scrap signs the sort of player we need on a free transfer:
http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/2016- ... 81713.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Was slap head ( lazy as ***** ) richards not a POS at Shrewsbury
We can do better providing GJ has the money
GJ will get what he needs
Robin
Yes Richards was but why the need for comparison? In my opinion we need an experienced and powerful centre half, Grandison is also not slow so he was pretty much exactly what we need in terms of ability and skills?
Horteng
I don't think any of those will be on GJ's shopping list
Si Robin
Shade wrote:
Del Boy wrote:It seems the manager hasn't got as many contacts as first thought.
What on earth makes you think that? One article from the local rag that says 'here are 5 players GJ might get from his son'? It's hardly a fact based article, just speculation based on the idea that we'd get a better deal on loan players from City due to GJ's son being manager, that's all.

Before we go believing everything the Echo prints, let's just remember their recent track record of saying who we're going to be signing before anything has been announced by the club.
What's with all this common sense and realism? You bloody nutcase.
Shade
It's the time of year. All this daydreaming and fantasy makes me want to bring them all back down to earth. Bah humbug.
everyman
Shade wrote:It's the time of year. All this daydreaming and fantasy makes me want to bring them all back down to earth. Bah humbug.
I believe in Father Christmas,i have got last years socks to prove it ?