Barnet and Wycombe

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Just a friendly reminder to my fellow Robinians that whereas our boxing day game v Barnet is at 3pm, our game on Friday 30th v Wycombe is a 7:45pm kick off.

For those of us not working next week, you may have forgotten that it is indeed a "working day" and therefore kick off won't be at 3pm. In fact, there are not many games on Friday at all - I assume we arranged it with Wycombe so we could both have an extra day off before the Colchester match.
Robin
Good chance to get points in my opinion, Barnet are pretty terrible away from home, lost their manager two star players and Akinde is making waves about a January move too so good time to play them. Wycombe never travel well but Ainsworth is doing a superb job down there.

I'd take four points now if I could.
horlickfanclub
Real shame this is not on Saturday.
Beearmy
Barnet fan here.

Really looking forward to the trip on boxing day. Should be a good game with both teams needing a win. I have never been to Cheltenham, so it will be a new ground for me.

We have actually been very good away from home. Our record is W4D4L2 - including wins at Yeovil and Plymouth. If we stay solid at the back, then I am confident we can get something.

The new pair in temporary charge have started to change our style of play, from lumping it to Akinde to playing it on the deck. We lost last week due to poor team selection, but they made the right subs and we were unlucky not to get anything in the end. Before last week, we were unbeaten in 8 in the league. Hopefully, they have learnt that certain players are not good enough.

If we have aspirations of making the play offs, then we have to win on Monday.

Anyway, Good luck and have a nice Christmas. Just don't be too upset when we stuff you 5-0 :D
Robin
Do you have largely the same side you won the conference with or have you changed it a lot now?
Beearmy
Robin wrote:Do you have largely the same side you won the conference with or have you changed it a lot now?
It is different. We have got some of the conference winning side, but quite a few of the first team are recent additions (since we have come up)